Poll: How many of you play IDP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many of you play IDP?

I do
60%
I don't
40%

Total votes : 80

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Pete123444 wrote:I agree with Matt. Without IDP's is like TV when it was black and white and TV's had knobs. But then again, most of you guys don't remember that.

Remember the remotes "with" wires? ;-)
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:38 pm

i do in one of my leagues. i like it simply because it's something different from the 50 other leagues i'm in.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bolkonsky » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I play IDPs as often as I can and I love it personally. It really ends up giving you a better knowledge of more of the NFL players when you're forced to look into defensive players as well as the normal offensive players and just brings a different aspect to the game. I think if people would give it more of a chance and try it for a while I think more people would like it than they do.

It does take some work and research to learn about them but I would personally be happy to give anyone a crash course in IDPs if they wanted to learn more about them. ;-D

I agree with Matt. Without IDP's is like TV when it was black and white and TV's had knobs. But then again, most of you guys don't remember that.

Agreed. Team Defenses and re-draft dull the entire experience for me...I think it is very frustrating when some guy picks up a ff mag on the way to the draft and is handed the #1 or #2 pick and then has a good year.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:01 pm

bolkonsky wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I play IDPs as often as I can and I love it personally. It really ends up giving you a better knowledge of more of the NFL players when you're forced to look into defensive players as well as the normal offensive players and just brings a different aspect to the game. I think if people would give it more of a chance and try it for a while I think more people would like it than they do.

It does take some work and research to learn about them but I would personally be happy to give anyone a crash course in IDPs if they wanted to learn more about them. ;-D

I agree with Matt. Without IDP's is like TV when it was black and white and TV's had knobs. But then again, most of you guys don't remember that.

Agreed. Team Defenses and re-draft dull the entire experience for me...I think it is very frustrating when some guy picks up a ff mag on the way to the draft and is handed the #1 or #2 pick and then has a good year.

You mean me last year?

Where are the top IDP players valued at? Players such as Shawne Merriman.
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:02 pm

bolkonsky wrote:I think it is very frustrating when some guy picks up a ff mag on the way to the draft and is handed the #1 or #2 pick and then has a good year.

I usually rely on injuries and the waiver wire to bring those newbs down. ;-D
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm

PapaPark wrote:
bolkonsky wrote:I think it is very frustrating when some guy picks up a ff mag on the way to the draft and is handed the #1 or #2 pick and then has a good year.

I usually rely on injuries and the waiver wire to bring those newbs down. ;-D

as do I... they can get lyucky with the draft, I'll hawk the wire and trade until they are nothing... they can go by their mag and make a bad trade! :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
bolkonsky wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

You mean me last year?

Where are the top IDP players valued at? Players such as Shawne Merriman.

Merriman really isn't a "top" IDP player really, the best IDP players are normally guys like Zach Thomas, Keith Bulluck, London Fletcher, and last year DeMeco Ryans was one of the best. But where IDPs are valued usually depends pretty heavily on the scoring system in place, if very little points are given to IDPs in comparison to the offense or if you don't start very many, then there's no point in taking them before the end of the draft. But in normal leagues, the top IDPs start going around round 6 or so.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:52 am

I play IDP and really enjoy it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:35 am

I do play in IDPs (both dynasty and redraft) and I love it!
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Re: Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Postby suckerpuncher » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:20 pm

I play in an IDP only league. 4x DB, 4x DL, 1x D and 1x K.

Quite some fun since it's more unpredictable than normal leagues.
suckerpuncher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk