Poll: How many of you play IDP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many of you play IDP?

I do
60%
I don't
40%

Total votes : 80

Re: Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Postby Teck » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Not reading any other replies so I don't know if this all has been said or not.

I've been playing for about 5-6 years now, and every year besides this year I've played standard leagues on yahoo or my fantasy league. This year I decided to try an IDP league, and boy have I been confused. I've seen Demarcus Ware go in the 3rd or 4th, people draft their entire defensive roster before they even fill in their spots, and I've been extremely confused on when I should take certain players. I reached for cato june in my first draft in like the 10th, and still managed to get briggs later in the 13th to fill up my LB spots. With players like DB's and Dline, people think they need to get the best of those positions. They don't really, because in most scoring formats, LB's will outscore both positions by many a mile simply because tackles get rewarded points, and you see WAY more tackles than INT or sacks. I my self also have a hard time deciding on who's going to be a good fantasy player because I see them on the field during games and, lets say they are just stud corners that block a lot of passes and knock them down, you don't really reward points like that. IDP is confusing, and I'll see if I really enjoy it this year, and hopefully i will.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:58 pm

It's not what it's cracked up to be.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I always play in one league that is strictly IDP, no offensive positions. Always interesting! ;D ;D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:20 pm

The way I look at it, there's nothing wrong with standard QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DEF leagues. However, I'm a huge NFL fan, and if you know your players, IDP is the way to go. It's just a more in-depth fantasy football. More research, more strategy, more football. If you're a knowledgable NFL fan, I recommend IDPs.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby G3_175SE » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:37 pm

While I think I understand the appeal I don't think I will be playing IDP anytime soon. I have looked at it but it just doesn't seem to be something I want to do.
G3_175SE
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:47 pm

In one league I did last season. It's a dynasty so obviously carries over to this season. I don't think it's incredibly significant, but can certainly add to the fun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 am

'07 will be my first year playing IDP, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. ;D

I'm working on compiling some IDP rankings for an article to be published here. Look for it in the next week or two. (Don't worry, most of the rankers are IDP vets that have a much better grasp of what they're doing than myself)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby AbraCadaver » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 pm

Short Answer: we have IDPs and i love them

Long Answer:
Back when i started fantasy football (~8yrs ago) the best free site was Sandbox and they used IDP by default with 2D 1DB 1DL scoring system as such:

Tackle Solo (1)
Sack (3)
Interception (3)
Fumble Force (1)
Fumble Recovery (1)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (1)
Block Kick (1)

Then Sandbox moved to a pay only set-up and Yahoo was quickly improving their free leagues so we moved over and used the same system customizing our league with the IDP. It would just seem strange playing with offense only. Its called fantasy "Football" and last time i watched a game there was quite a few defensive players on the field.
Qb Mcnabb
RB Tomlinson
RB Kevin Jones
WR Harrison
WR Chambers
WR A.Bryant
TE Crumpler
DEF Chicago

Bench- Williamson, P.Rivers, T.Jones, M.Turner
AbraCadaver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Wow - this is a lot closer than I would have expected.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby buckwild13 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:24 am

first off to answer the question of the poster. Yes i play IDP, for one year now. my league had it going for 2 years before i arrived. however it takes up way too much luck in our league. last year 46% of our leagues points were by IDP, which i feel is a little too much.

i do have a question though. how come yahoo doesnt have seperate positions for DL and LB, every mag i pick up with IDP has LB, DL, DB all seperate why hasnt yahoo changed that yet?
buckwild13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk