Poll: How many of you play IDP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How many of you play IDP?

I do
60%
I don't
40%

Total votes : 80

Re: Poll: How many of you play IDP?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:31 am

buckwild13 wrote:first off to answer the question of the poster. Yes i play IDP, for one year now. my league had it going for 2 years before i arrived. however it takes up way too much luck in our league. last year 46% of our leagues points were by IDP, which i feel is a little too much.

i do have a question though. how come yahoo doesnt have seperate positions for DL and LB, every mag i pick up with IDP has LB, DL, DB all seperate why hasnt yahoo changed that yet?

A lot of teams have "tweeners" - players that sometimes line up as LB and other times as DL because of the different defensive sets they use depending on what the the opposing offence is doing. So to keep things simple they lump all LB's and DL's together - really though they could seperate them by listing them as the the players' teams list them as other sites do (or in the case of a genuine tweener, why not make them eligible at both positions?).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:40 am

I was going to make a thread about this but then someone pointed this one out to me. Last year was my first IDP league year and it was great. One of my friends made the league and asked me to join. It was a lot of fun and it just gave me something extra to prepare for each week. I also had a stacked defense so I think that motivated me to play in another IDP this season :-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 am

FYI, the Cafe now has an IDP Forum here. ;-D ;-D ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm

I think IDP are only fun when all the owners are committed and knowledgable.

In all but the strongest leagues, IDP values vary widely. The IDP league is not mainstream enough to nail down where even the elite IDP players should go in a combined draft. Scoring is more widely varied than traditional leagues as well. The one thing that really makes a difference though is the waiver wire work throughout the season. You can draft horribly in an IDP league and pull off top10 players from the waivers if you know what you are doing. If the league is full of casual players who don't work the waivers aggressively, it gives the knowledgable owners a significant advantage.

In general, I think IDP is great for the game. Most fans don't know a thing about defense other than the mainstream "name" players like Urlacher and Merriman. If you play in IDP you have to understand schemes and even go as far as knowing the talented backup D players in good situations, just like you look at the backup RBs in offensive fantasy. Brings another aspect to the game.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think IDP are only fun when all the owners are committed and knowledgable.

In all but the strongest leagues, IDP values vary widely. The IDP league is not mainstream enough to nail down where even the elite IDP players should go in a combined draft. Scoring is more widely varied than traditional leagues as well. The one thing that really makes a difference though is the waiver wire work throughout the season. You can draft horribly in an IDP league and pull off top10 players from the waivers if you know what you are doing. If the league is full of casual players who don't work the waivers aggressively, it gives the knowledgable owners a significant advantage.

In general, I think IDP is great for the game. Most fans don't know a thing about defense other than the mainstream "name" players like Urlacher and Merriman. If you play in IDP you have to understand schemes and even go as far as knowing the talented backup D players in good situations, just like you look at the backup RBs in offensive fantasy. Brings another aspect to the game.

Couldn't you, for the most part, say the same about offense :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Previous

Return to Football Talk