TO to get Bonus... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO to get Bonus...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah, but that can't continue forever...he's getting older and this year may be the year were having a truly mediocre QB tossing him the rock will effect his production severely. (Only years without one was in Philly)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:51 pm

Im not buying that, untill he has a bad season Ill take him ever year ever game. Did you know there has never been a 1000 yard WR on the same team as him untill last year. That includes Jerry Rice. And if he didnt miss those games Terry Gleen would have never reached a 1000. If Dallas wants to win throw the ball to TO.
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:23 pm

Marlo Stanfield wrote:Im not buying that, untill he has a bad season Ill take him ever year ever game. Did you know there has never been a 1000 yard WR on the same team as him untill last year. That includes Jerry Rice. And if he didnt miss those games Terry Gleen would have never reached a 1000. If Dallas wants to win throw the ball to TO.

No, if they want to win, they will incorporate the entire offense. Making the offense solely TO (and yes he you could throw every passing attempt his way, and he'd still complain he's not getting the ball enough) will only hurt them.

Despite that, I'm surprised this was news. The bonus essentially is his salary, and Dallas cleraly made up their minds by choosing TO over Parcells earlier in the year
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:39 pm

So would anyone on here dislike having TO on there squad? If so you are welcome to join my leagues this year. Not sure what kind of league you could possiably be in where TO isnt starting ever game. Who would you start of TO?
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Marlo Stanfield wrote:So would anyone on here dislike having TO on there squad? If so you are welcome to join my leagues this year. Not sure what kind of league you could possiably be in where TO isnt starting ever game. Who would you start of TO?

I'd move Ryan Leaf to wideout. No sense letting all that talent go to waste ...
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Marlo Stanfield wrote:
Why would anyone be scared to start the best wideout in football? drop passes? Broke finger! The stats dont lie, he missed games and still out performed most WR.

"Who can make play, TO can make play" Terrell Owens

Umm.. the word suspension comes to mind.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:23 pm

PapaPark wrote:
Marlo Stanfield wrote:
Why would anyone be scared to start the best wideout in football? drop passes? Broke finger! The stats dont lie, he missed games and still out performed most WR.

"Who can make play, TO can make play" Terrell Owens

Umm.. the word suspension comes to mind.

yeah, he got suspended once in his 11 year career and now all of a sudden he's a high risk. Please. The fact of the matter is there are alot of people, including many on this site, that hate his guts and will dig for anything they can find to discredit him.

As the poster said above, stats don't lie. Thats the bottom line in fantasy football. Numbers are numbers, and he produces numbers.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Did he get suspended are did the goofballs in Philly just kick him off the team? Donvan McNabb didnt like him so he pulled the cry baby card and got him booted, mistake.
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:51 pm

fantasizing wrote:
yeah, he got suspended once in his 11 year career and now all of a sudden he's a high risk. Please. .

Please nothing. You act as if this guy is a saint. You can't tell me that his actions over the last few years hasn't labeled him so.

I've had him the last two years despite all this.. and week to week I was unsure what his status would be.

I think you might be fantasizing because T.O. is HIGH RISK.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:06 pm

Marlo Stanfield wrote:Did he get suspended are did the goofballs in Philly just kick him off the team? Donvan McNabb didnt like him so he pulled the cry baby card and got him booted, mistake.

yea, that was a TOTAL mistake. Oh yea, right, the eagles made it further than the Cowboys and owned them on national TV for basically the division. Seems to me like they are doing just fine without him. The fact is, he basically said he was going to disrupt the team unless he got more money.

Whatever, he is a good player, and he really doesn't do much wrong off the field, he is just a jerk. For fantasy purposes, I'd sure as heck draft him if the price is right.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk