Kobayashi Dethroned!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Ech. :-P !+)

why in the world would somebody do that to themselves. :-? :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:26 am

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby CC » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:33 am

Chestnut has eating trophies and an early grave in his future.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:46 am

moonhead wrote:yeah i put eating contests right up there with nascar. ridiculous sports that are true testaments to our wasteful and decadent society.

As opposed to the millions of dollars spent on fantasy sports? :-b

Yes, I'm a race fan ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:50 am

Now he just has to beat Kobiyashi at the July 4th Nathan contest to be the champ.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:34 am

dgan wrote:It's easier to shoot a 59 by yourself, but try doing it while playing with Tiger on Sunday.

I want to see this guy beat Kobayashi while standing next to him. Until then, I don't think the record makes him a true champ.

In any case, Kobayahsi is a future Hall of Famer...do they have an eating HoF? What type of memorabilia would they hold there? Vomit? An empty plate? A still unopened ketchup bottle?

I love eating contests....so hilarious.

This is exactly what I was going to say. So far Kobayashi has never been defeated on American soil (except to a friggin' grizzly bear :-B), so Jaws still has to do it when the Tsunami is there also.

That said, I'm really surprised Joey ate that much more than Kobayashi ever has. But, it seems like every time someone steps up and makes a new record for these things, Kobayashi finds a way to beat it the next time out. July 4th is going to be crazy...the hot dog competition at Nathan's will be a clash of titans. The golden yellow mustard belt will definitely be up for grabs.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:31 pm

And yet neither one of them could compare to a bear in a hot dog eating contest. Of course that's because the bear could down them 6-8 at a time.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk