Rams working to extend Bulger... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to St. Louis Rams

Rams working to extend Bulger...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rams working to extend Bulger...

Postby SCS » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Written by:
Bill Coats
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

During the 2006 season, the Rams plunked down about $45 million in contract extension funds to keep defensive end Leonard Little and linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa off the market as unrestricted free agents.

This year's top priority is quarterback Marc Bulger. He's entering the final season of a four-year, $19.1 million deal he signed in May 2004. He's also coming off his best season in four full years as the Rams' starter.

Bulger, 30, said he tries "to stay out of that stuff" when it comes to contract talks. But, he added, "I'd love to finish my career here. ...

"I know we're really, really close to getting something done, and I want to be a part of it."

Jay Zygmunt, the Rams' president of football operations, said he was still working on an extension for Bulger. As for forecasting a timetable for an agreement, Zygmunt said, "As far as we're concerned, the sooner the better."

Bulger echoed that sentiment. "I know when I got my first deal, it was definitely comfortable to know that, 'OK, I'm going to be here at least for so long,'" he said. "I think they want to keep the core group together, and they've done a good job of that. Hopefully, I'm in those plans."

Coach Scott Linehan made it clear that Bulger was when he called re-signing him a "no-brainer."

This should be one of the biggest no-brainers for the Rams since the Faulk trade from Indy!
Dan Pasquale
TEAM BUZZ
TEAM TMNT

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it." Ferris Bueller
SCS
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe WriterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to St. Louis Rams