Return to New York Jets

Thomas Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones

Postby gang green51 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 am

I got this clip from NFL.com-FF

T. Jones bulked up, pumped up
Thomas Jones, RB NYJ

News: For a team needing someone to shoulder the load with its running game, the Jets certainly picked the right guy. Thomas Jones has made quite an impression in the weight room this offseason. He spends five or six hours exercising and working out -- and that's all before noon. The physical attributes aside, Jones brings impressive credentials to New York. He has rushed for more than 1,200 yards in each of his last two seasons and provides the Jets with a legitimate successor to Curtis Martin as their No. 1 back. Jones is hoping to be even more of an all-around impact player than he was with the Bears. "The offense, there's definitely a lot of opportunity for me to get the ball in the open field and do some things out there," Jones said. "Chicago's offense was ... we were pretty predictable as far as our running game. Here, we have so many great players on offense, we have a lot of guys who can make plays, and I'm just one of those guys."

Great attitude!
Welcome to the N.Y.Jets Mr.Jones!
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thomas Jones

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Sounds great to me, good to hear he is working his butt off, hopefully he and leon washington can deliver a fantastic 1-2 punch at RB that we haven't had since lamont jordan left for oakland.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:01 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Sounds great to me, good to hear he is working his butt off, hopefully he and leon washington can deliver a fantastic 1-2 punch at RB that we haven't had since lamont jordan left for oakland.

Yeah same, sounds awsome. I hope we can have it like the old days with LaMont and Martin.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Sounds great to me, good to hear he is working his butt off, hopefully he and leon washington can deliver a fantastic 1-2 punch at RB that we haven't had since lamont jordan left for oakland.

Yeah same, sounds awsome. I hope we can have it like the old days with LaMont and Martin.

I agree that it sounds great and I'm looking foward to seeing the 1-2 punch of Jones & Leon, but what do you mean about the "old days with Lamont and Martin"? They always SAID they'd get Lamont more involved to spell Martin but it never happened. Herm ran Martin into the ground, literally. Lamont never averaged more than 6 carries a game for the Jets...in any season. He spent 4 years in NY and had 39, 84, 46, & 93 carries. Every off season they said they wanted to get Lamont 10-15 carries per game to spell Martin and it never happened. I think Mangini will make it happen this year though and I can't wait to see it. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:03 am

Not sure if any of you guys watch Jets Nation on SNY but they interviewed T.Jones this past week. He's got a great attitude and seems like he's going to be the perfect fit for this team and offense. The guys is jacked as well.0
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:28 pm

06/18 Jets: Jones excited about offense
Source:Fanball
Thomas Jones had an impressive minicamp over the weekend and came out of the proceedings excited about his new offense. "It is different than Chicago," Jones told the Newark Star-Ledger. "In Chicago, we ran the ball so well we had a certain amount of plays that we ran on. Here, we have so many good players on offense – so many good receivers and very good running backs. There are a lot of weapons on offense, so they have a lot of different ways to get guys the ball."

Our View
Jones is expected to be Eric Mangini's workhorse and get 15-20 carries per game, with Leon Washington serving as a change-of-pace option. Jones also has the ability to catch passes out of the backfield and should be used in that manner as well. Thomas is flying under the radar in many mock drafts this summer, and he could be a bargain as No. 2 fantasy runner this season.

I absolutely love this guy as a RB2 this year, I know I'm targeting him.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:27 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

I agree that it sounds great and I'm looking foward to seeing the 1-2 punch of Jones & Leon, but what do you mean about the "old days with Lamont and Martin"? They always SAID they'd get Lamont more involved to spell Martin but it never happened. Herm ran Martin into the ground, literally. Lamont never averaged more than 6 carries a game for the Jets...in any season. He spent 4 years in NY and had 39, 84, 46, & 93 carries. Every off season they said they wanted to get Lamont 10-15 carries per game to spell Martin and it never happened. I think Mangini will make it happen this year though and I can't wait to see it. ;-D

Well, in Jordan's last year with the Jets he had like 500 yards rushing, and if leon washington can put up that type of a season as a backup, we could have a very good 1-2 punch. I remember a game in 2004, i think it was against the dolphins, where martin and jordan both put up 115. Hopefully these two guys will do that a couple of times this upcoming season.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:52 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Well, in Jordan's last year with the Jets he had like 500 yards rushing, and if leon washington can put up that type of a season as a backup, we could have a very good 1-2 punch. I remember a game in 2004, i think it was against the dolphins, where martin and jordan both put up 115. Hopefully these two guys will do that a couple of times this upcoming season.

That's what I was trying to say with my post, I'm not very good with words :~(.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby JetFanRealist » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:38 pm

Sorry for the late post, just signed on.

My opinion is Thomas Jones is the best addition to the Jets offense since Curtis Martin. He'll never be compared to any Hall-of-Famer, but comparing him to a Hall-of-Famer's backup, Jones rules over Jordan.

If his injury isn't serious (ie he plays at 90%), I think he'll be a catalyst that allows the Chad and the passing game to be alot better than last year.

Problem this year is the schedule for the Jets is alot tougher than last year, and NE improved more than the Jets.
JetFanRealist
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby JetsJohn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:23 pm

It's too bad that the Jets are playing NE so early. It will be before Randy Moss has a chance to poison their locker room.
JetsJohn
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to New York Jets