Yahoo! Rankings Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo! Rankings Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo! Rankings Sleepers

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:52 pm

Since the Yahoo! leagues opened recently, the Yahoo! Rankings have been openly available. Who do you guys think are some sleepers from this year's rankings? Be it someone who is at 100, but should be gone in the sixth round, or someone in the thousands that should be drafted in redrafts.

People who I think are underrated by Yahoo! rankings:

Chris Chambers @ 77 - Sure, Chris Chambers had an off-year in 2006, posting a measley 4 TDs and 677 yds, but with Trent Green in town and an even more experienced Ronne Brown, Chris is primed for a huge 2007. At 77, getting a WR1 is an absolute steal, especially considering that half a dozen WR2 are ranked before him.

Tony Scheffler @ 156 - Are we forgetting Jay Cutler's favorite target? Jay Cutler is going to be the full-time starter for Denver going into the 2007 season. In 5 games with Cutler, Tony put up stellar numbers, 5 TDs and 219 yds. Getting him in the 13th round is great considering huge question marks like Jeremy Shockey are going in the first 8 rounds.

Julius Jones @ 64 - Now that Yahoo's standard scoring changed to a yard-heavy format, Julius Jones's stock rises quite a bit. Expect him to gain back most of the carries in Dallas, with MB3 getting occasional red zone carries.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
LooseCannon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! Rankings Sleepers

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:10 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Since the Yahoo! leagues opened recently, the Yahoo! Rankings have been openly available. Who do you guys think are some sleepers from this year's rankings? Be it someone who is at 100, but should be gone in the sixth round, or someone in the thousands that should be drafted in redrafts.

People who I think are underrated by Yahoo! rankings:

Chris Chambers @ 77 - Sure, Chris Chambers had an off-year in 2006, posting a measley 4 TDs and 677 yds, but with Trent Green in town and an even more experienced Ronne Brown, Chris is primed for a huge 2007. At 77, getting a WR1 is an absolute steal, especially considering that half a dozen WR2 are ranked before him.

Tony Scheffler @ 156 - Are we forgetting Jay Cutler's favorite target? Jay Cutler is going to be the full-time starter for Denver going into the 2007 season. In 5 games with Cutler, Tony put up stellar numbers, 5 TDs and 219 yds. Getting him in the 13th round is great considering huge question marks like Jeremy Shockey are going in the first 8 rounds.

Julius Jones @ 64 - Now that Yahoo's standard scoring changed to a yard-heavy format, Julius Jones's stock rises quite a bit. Expect him to gain back most of the carries in Dallas, with MB3 getting occasional red zone carries.

I actually think 77 is ok for chanbers... maybe a bit low...

Scheffler is hurt and may miss some of training camp... they have graham now too... tough to tell how it will play out. but yeah I like Scheff...

Jones belongs a little higher than that, but yahoo didn't go to yard heavy... they went to the 50/50 STANDARD scoring... they were td heavy and way outdated for years forcing many of us to manually change the settings to standard scoring... check any fantasy mag pretty much... yahoo was messed up... they finally got it right...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mrblitz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:47 pm

I like Chambers as the biggest sleeper. Obviously the signing of Trent Green
is only going to help his situation.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Knicks4ever » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:30 pm

What about Shockey at 118, hes the 12th ranked TE somehow
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:02 pm

Knicks4ever wrote:What about Shockey at 118, hes the 12th ranked TE somehow

Good Find. Any other vastly underrated stars? Come on people, everyone's always ranting about how bad the rankings are. if they are so bad, some players must've slipped through cracks.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
LooseCannon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 am

I don't take Yahoos rankings seriously
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:35 am

Yahoo!...does rankings? :S
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Metroid » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:43 am

aaawall91 wrote:Yahoo!...does rankings? :S

They try. :b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk