Top 25 RB's rest of the season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 25 RB's rest of the season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 25 RB's rest of the season

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:53 am

Let's see how you rank 'em if you re-drafted today...

1) Holmes
2) Williams
3) Portis
4) A. Green
5) J. Lewis
6) Alexander
7) Tomlinson (I still believe!)
8) McAllister
9) S. Davis
10) Taylor
11) W. Green
12) Edge
13) Henry
14) Barber
15) Garner
16) Hambrick
17) Dillon
18) Hearst
19) Faulk
20) A-Train
21) CuMar
22) Shipp
23) Duckett
24) George
25) Bettis

Knocking on the door...
Bennett, Moe Williams, Gary, Foster, D. Davis, Barlow

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby veritasdefender » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:34 am

I think you accidently left out the best RB in the history of the game....Peterson
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby K-One » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:24 am

I don't have any conflicts that immediately catch my eye. So, any criticism I have I would have to really search into your rankings, which I won't do. Solid work...assuming these are your own rankings.
QB (1) - Plummer, Leftwich
RB (2) - Alexander, Dunn, Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Stephen Davis
WR (3) - Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Drew Bennett, Rod Smith, Jason Witten
K - Peterson
D - Carolina
(10 team league, pick #4)
K-One
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FF Newbie » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:31 am

You accidentally left off Michael Pittman. He'll be top-15 easy.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby K-One » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:43 am

Looks like I shoulda looked into it deeper...Thats right, Pittman needs to be in there. Exactly at #15 is a good spot for him.
QB (1) - Plummer, Leftwich
RB (2) - Alexander, Dunn, Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Stephen Davis
WR (3) - Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Drew Bennett, Rod Smith, Jason Witten
K - Peterson
D - Carolina
(10 team league, pick #4)
K-One
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:55 am

Faulks a little low, while Bettis somehow makes your list and Zereoue isnt.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

ahaman green should be number 2 03

Postby irishboy » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:26 am

ahman green should be number 2 ahead of portis and williams; and i would also move williams ahead of portis
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:27 am

D'oh! Knew I'd forget someone!

I'd put Pittman around 16 and slide everyone down. I have Bettis ahead of Zereoue based on my feeling that Bettis will reclaim the starting job, perhaps as soon as next week. Faulk is only that low on the recent news that he's out til mid-Nov. Gordon would make the list in the top 12-15 if Faulk were out for the year. But since neither looks to have value for the entire remaining season, they're ranked lower.

Anyone else want to throw out their own list?

Friendliness: %

Postby Sloopyseconds » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:22 pm

1. a. green
2. lewis
3. priest
4. r. williams
5. portis
6. deuce
7. alexander
9. taylor
10. tomlinson
11. s. davis
12. barber
13. garner
14. w. green
15. bennett
16. pittman
17. edge
18. faulk
19. Atrain
20. d.davis
21. shipp
22. hearst
23. henry
24. zereoue
25. dillon

priest 3rd due to injury risk, the pack has a few tough weeks, but after that smooth sailing, thats why a-man number 1..
Sloopyseconds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:59 pm

If I had to draft the top 15 today, here's how I'd line them up and why.

1. Ahman Green - he's a scoring machine this year and also has great rushing stats. The Davenport factor that some feared is nearly nil. His schedule is also great down the stretch facing Detroit, Chicago, San Diego, and Oakland the last 4 weeks of the fantasy season.

2. Priest Holmes - he's shown that he's back but that hip injury lingers a little. Priest hasn't been as studly this year but his ability to pile up the receiving stats to compliment the run makes him a solid No. 2. The only thing that concerns me about Priest is that his stats have dropped off since catching fire the first 3 weeks of the season, only scoring 1 time. However, his schedule is also favorable, facing Oakland twice, Cinci, Cleveland, San Diego, and Detroit down the stretch.

3. Clinton Portis - had some health issues this year, but when he's on, he can be as good as any back. His receiving ability is also a big bonus. He might struggle a little the next three weeks with Plummer being out, but after the bye week Denver's schedule is a gold mine, San Diego, Chi-town, Oakland, KC, and Cleveland and Indi.

4. Jamal Lewis - everyone knows the offense runs through Lewis. He's leading the league in rushing with a monsterous 742 yards. It will be interesting to see how he does when the schedule stiffens soon against the likes of Denver, Miami, Jax, St. Louis, Seattle, and San Fran. But if you have this guy heading into your fantasy playoffs, look out the last 3 weeks rock, Cinci, Oak, and Cleveland. He could break 2k if he can get respectable yardage each game during November.

5. Stephen Davis - don't get all worked up over his bruised arm, the Carolina staff will do a good job making sure he doesn't get overworked. Forget about the schedule, it doesn't matter who Carolina is facing, Davis is going to get a pile of yardage. Carolina's O-line is a running machine and the defense never lets them get too far behind that they have to stray from their game plan. Davis has also scored in each of the last 3 games. The schedule may not matter, but it does get tasty at the end of the year...Atl, Arizona, and Detroit.

6. Ricky Williams - Ricky this far down? Well, he just hasn't performed like old Ricky. His YPC are only 3.4. He's only gone over 100 twice, but he does have 5 scores, though most of those are cheap TD's, but he does deserve them. I don't see things getting any easier for him. There are some soft games, but the schedule doesn't really let up, and the guys I've listed ahead of him are doing better right now.

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - LT has faced adversity this year with his team not doing too well and not being able to run the ball consistently. He's still capable of huge games as we've seen and he also can pile up the yardage on the receiving end. It could be like this all year for him but he's still better to have than anyone else remaining.

8. Deuce McAllister - he's been pretty consistent running the ball and gets 2 or 3 points a week for his receiving yardage. NO has not been good and his TD's have suffered a little. He's had 3 century games and 2 others have been real close. Consistent performances land Deuce here.

9. Shaun Alexander - Shaun has shown us again the model of inconsistency. His schedule has not been difficult thus far and has barely broken 100 yards 2 times. His upside has always been that he could score TD's in bunches which we haven't seen yet. Still, he's a big gun on a top offense and still a top 10 back.

10. Fred Taylor - hey, he's still healthy. I think Fred is by far the best fantasy back left at this point. Since the emergence of Leftwich, his receiving stats have gone up. His schedule hasn't been easy and doesn't get easier but I think you can count on him for 100+ yards combined per game and a TD every other game, this top 10 stands way ahead of No. 11.

11. William Green - Cleveland's schedule is brutal but Green is one of the few backs left that gets alot of work and decent yardage.

12. Travis Henry - Buffalo can't run worth crap but he's got alot of TD's that keep him up this far.

13. Edgerrin James - seems to be hurt all the time but can turn out big numbers when he's on point, health issues drop him this far.

14. Tiki Barber - he gets a fair amount of work, and even goalline carries, problem is, Giants haven't been on the goalline alot. Tiki's fumble problems are a big minus if your league deducts for that.

15. Garrison Hearst - I weighed my options of what's left, there are probably guys who are better such as Moe Williams, Michael Bennett, A-Train. However, as of right now, hearst is the only one who will be around for the entire remainder of the season. His stats are better than Garner's and he doesn't have a TD vulture stealing goalline carries. Barlow's impact is not as great as thought at the beginning of the year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk