LT age question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT age question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: LT age question

Postby BigBadBrawler » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:03 am

mikus wrote:Is anyone else concerned that the coaching changes in San Diego are going to adversely affect LT's numbers this season? I do not know why, but I just do not get the same feeling about the guy under new management. Am I alone?

Honestly, I'm not concerned at all. I was much more concerned last year with the QB change, but that stuff has worked itself out nicely, the O-line is fine, the new coach uses RBs very effectively, and SD didn't suffer any major personnel subtractions. I think barring injury, LT will be the same beast he's been the last few years...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:46 pm

LT for sure has 2-3 more elite seasons ahead of him. For keeper leagues he's still far and away the number 1 guy. But after that I could see him decline. We all saw what happened to Priest Holmes- on top of the fantasy world one year and completely off the map the next year. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him falter after the next couple of years but I wouldn't expect him to start trending down for at least 2 more seasons.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:09 pm

LT is, and will always be in, amazing shape. I think he has 4+ more great seasons in him.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby codered7 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 am

LT does not take too many hits because he is that good. He always is untouched goin into the endzone, I think this will give him more years than most elite rbs.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby ngub12 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:03 pm

for all fo you concerned about the coaching change...

i dont know how you can be. as said before, turner is a very competant offensive minded coach. especially when it comes to developing a running game.

furthermore, recall those 2-3 seasons('01-'03) in which SD was absolutely horrible. they really had nobody on either side of the ball with exception to LT. that situation was MUCH graver than his current situation and he produced at a high livel under those adverse circumstances.

i see no reason for a significant drop off in production. especially this season. I would certainly temper expecations becuase of the absolute ungodly year he just produced, but i think he is a lock for 2,000 all purpose and 20 tds.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk