I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!!

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:May want to go to some meetings there treat. :-D

Tolerance: Every drinker has a specific tolerance to alcohol. Below his tolerance level, the drinker can function more or less normally; at levels above his tolerance threshold, he will act intoxicated. Tolerance is therefore a condition that can only be measured accurately in a laboratory where the drinker’s blood level and behavior can be carefully monitored.

Alcoholics typically experience a dramatic climb in tolerance in the first stage of alcoholism and can often drink huge amounts of alcohol without showing obvious impairment of their ability to walk, talk, think, and react. Anyone who observes the early- and middle-stage alcoholic’s drinking behavior is familiar with the fact that the typical alcoholic can drink as much as a liter of wine, a dozen beers, or even a bottle of whisky without acting drunk.

hehe... nice... uh oh! O:-)

I drink 3-5 times a month... tops... I think I'm fine :-D sometimes I go months without drinking. There are no alcoholics in my family. Most don't even drink. Pretty sure I'm ok... Based on DOM's I'd be more worried about boozie, tiki, and met... O:-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:57 pm

treat24 wrote:

Tolerance: Every drinker has a specific tolerance to alcohol. Below his tolerance level, the drinker can function more or less normally; at levels above his tolerance threshold, he will act intoxicated. Tolerance is therefore a condition that can only be measured accurately in a laboratory where the drinker’s blood level and behavior can be carefully monitored.

Alcoholics typically experience a dramatic climb in tolerance in the first stage of alcoholism and can often drink huge amounts of alcohol without showing obvious impairment of their ability to walk, talk, think, and react. Anyone who observes the early- and middle-stage alcoholic’s drinking behavior is familiar with the fact that the typical alcoholic can drink as much as a liter of wine, a dozen beers, or even a bottle of whisky without acting drunk.

I drink 3-5 times a month... tops... I think I'm fine :-D sometimes I go months without drinking. There are no alcoholics in my family. Most don't even drink. Pretty sure I'm ok... Based on DOM's I'd be more worried about boozie, tiki, and met... O:-)

Months without drinking? :-?

Why?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:59 pm

josebach wrote:Months without drinking? :-?

Why?

Maybe Dream tightens that leash sometimes!?

Can we still make those jokes!? :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 pm

josebach wrote:Months without drinking? :-?

Why?

workout routine... sometimes I get so caught up in being healthy that I stop everything. Eating pretty much only chicken breasts, yogurt, protein shakes etc... when I was 25 I went about 9 months without booze, pizza, burgers, anything... I look back and wonder if the abs were even worth it. I'm married... who was I trying to impress? the mirror?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Don't worry about me I've been at 13-14 for like 2 weeks now. New Years + bowl games + playoff games + my birthday = a high DOM so far.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 pm

treat24 wrote:

Yeah, I'm just kidding. I went through some classes and AA and was told a couple times that tolerance is merely an act. Depending on your weight you're going to be just as intoxicated as the next guy, but your 'tolerance' may make you appear less drunk. If you were given a breathilizer test, however, you'd be just as drunk.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, I'm just kidding. I went through some classes and AA and was told a couple times that tolerance is merely an act. Depending on your weight you're going to be just as intoxicated as the next guy, but your 'tolerance' may make you appear less drunk. If you were given a breathilizer test, however, you'd be just as drunk.

I do agree and can see that however... I'm not sooo sure about some of that. Funny story, I had in the neighborhood of 20 beers one night. My wife had a couple vodka tonics. It was a party outside my old house. I had stopped drinking for about 3-4 hours and so did my wife. A guy got beligerent and loud. the cops came by. one of the people at the party had to take him home. we all blew. I blew straight 0s on the cops breathalizer... my friends were shocked. Nobody else at the party blew clean. Not even my wife who had stopped for hours... Some people's bodies just metabolize alcohol quicker than others. body shape and size has to do with it. Everyone knows that. I run just shy of 6'3" and a little over 200 lbs... but still... beer just does not hit me very hard for some reason.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:13 pm

I drink frequently... probably 5-6 times a week which usually consists of a couple glasses of wine. I'm buzzing after 3 beers, so I'm pretty sure that means I'm not an alkie. I love coming home from work, getting on my computer and having a glass of wine or two before dinner. After dinner, I'm done drinking.

I do have a pretty severe heroin addiction, though.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Hmmm....I have reflected about me being an Alkie before. I don't think I am either, I drink a lot during breaks. But, during real time it's on the weekends with an occasional thirsty Thursday/Weekday. My tolerance is better than some, but not the greatest. It also, depends on the night. I have drank half a case, and been a little buzzed, but than other days I would tipsy. Probably depends on the stomach contents. I am just enjoying my college career, just like I enjoyed my high school career. I love life! Plus Booze and green.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:50 pm

josebach wrote:I drink frequently... probably 5-6 times a week which usually consists of a couple glasses of wine. I'm buzzing after 3 beers, so I'm pretty sure that means I'm not an alkie. I love coming home from work, getting on my computer and having a glass of wine or two before dinner. After dinner, I'm done drinking.

I do have a pretty severe heroin addiction, though.

have you caught the dragon yet :-b

i dont drink a lot (one a week maybe), but when i do it's usually a lot.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk