I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I'M DRUNK SUCKAZ!!!

Postby Guru13 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:my foot was hurting real bad so i took a vicodin and a couple of MGD's...foot doesnt hurt anymore. i have no idea what i did to it either, it just started hurting out of the blue...if it still hurts tomorrow i may go to the foot doctor

you could always pop another vicodin.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm not a "beer snob" by any means and usually like to drink Miller Lite. But it is so much better with a frozen mug. I keep three in the freezer for whenever I want a beer - like now. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm not a "beer snob" by any means and usually like to drink Miller Lite. But it is so much better with a frozen mug. I keep three in the freezer for whenever I want a beer - like now. ;-D

At my old place I had a fridge just for refreshments....beer mostly, and the freezer was stocked with frosty pint glasses. ;-D

I miss those days. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 pm

So I'm not "drunk," but I'm well into my cups at the moment. I just sent some long-winded PM to Met about English stuff, about paper writing. So I recognize that I get a bit more weird than my normal weird when I've drunk more than I should. I think I'm funny. Some people get really giddy when they drink, some cry and moan about everything - I prate on about writing papers. :-B

But I have a question for you "regular" drinkers out there - when you're inebriated, do you have trouble seeing? Or do I have some brain issue I need to see my neurologist about? I'm not "drunk," but I've noticed when I drank that I have trouble seeing straight sometimes. I have to shake my head to clear my vision, or look at whatever I'm looking at at an angle, to see it better. Does this happen to everyone, or am I broken?

Vive la vino! :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:47 am

^^ if I'm *really* trashed I'll get double vision, but no, no problems seeing otherwise. But, everyone's different, that's what we all have in common.

I guess I coulda posted in here last night. Had a horrible, horrible week at work and picked up a bottle of Bacardi on the way home last night. It was mostly gone when I woke up this morning. Either someone broke into the house and drank it, or I guzzled it while watching The Dark Knight last night. Wasn't impressed by the movie. Hardly even entertained. One thing's for certain today - knapp thyme is coming.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:20 am

scottaa1 wrote:^^ if I'm *really* trashed I'll get double vision, but no, no problems seeing otherwise. But, everyone's different, that's what we all have in common.

I guess I coulda posted in here last night. Had a horrible, horrible week at work and picked up a bottle of Bacardi on the way home last night. It was mostly gone when I woke up this morning. Either someone broke into the house and drank it, or I guzzled it while watching The Dark Knight last night. Wasn't impressed by the movie. Hardly even entertained. One thing's for certain today - knapp thyme is coming.

The Dark Knight is a fantastic film. Maybe you should watch it again when you aren't so moody from a bad work day.....or trashed on Bacardi. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:00 am

knapplc wrote:So I'm not "drunk," but I'm well into my cups at the moment. I just sent some long-winded PM to Met about English stuff, about paper writing. So I recognize that I get a bit more weird than my normal weird when I've drunk more than I should. I think I'm funny. Some people get really giddy when they drink, some cry and moan about everything - I prate on about writing papers. :-B

But I have a question for you "regular" drinkers out there - when you're inebriated, do you have trouble seeing? Or do I have some brain issue I need to see my neurologist about? I'm not "drunk," but I've noticed when I drank that I have trouble seeing straight sometimes. I have to shake my head to clear my vision, or look at whatever I'm looking at at an angle, to see it better. Does this happen to everyone, or am I broken?

Vive la vino! :-D

I would consider myself a regular drinker and if I was buzzed, but sober enough to write what you wrote and I could remember writing it the next day AND had fuzzy vision, I would be concerned. Come to think of it, my vision is never impaired when I am drinking. Someone else wrote that alcohol affects everyone differently, but I'm not sure about it making someone's vision blurry. Could be, but who knows. Any other times you get fuzzy vision?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Goin' old school Italian tonight with my Cabernet. No stemmed wine glass for me. I've got a 4-inch high, 2-inch wide, little shot glass looking thing to drink my wine out of. And I love it! One bottle, almost gone.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 am

Sometimes my vision gets freaky due to fatigue, so maybe that was it. It had been a freaky busy week.

joejlitz wrote:Goin' old school Italian tonight with my Cabernet. No stemmed wine glass for me. I've got a 4-inch high, 2-inch wide, little shot glass looking thing to drink my wine out of. And I love it! One bottle, almost gone.

My understanding is that this is a reasonably common way Italians drink wine. I'm not a fan of stemware, either. In fact, I just found some glasses that sound very similar to what you're describing for my wine consumption. You miss the aroma of the wine as you drink, but for me it's all about the flavor anyway.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:36 am

knapplc wrote:My understanding is that this is a reasonably common way Italians drink wine. I'm not a fan of stemware, either. In fact, I just found some glasses that sound very similar to what you're describing for my wine consumption. You miss the aroma of the wine as you drink, but for me it's all about the flavor anyway.

Who cares about aroma. If it tastes good, I am all over it and it does not matter if it is a coffee cup or dixie cup, it all goes down the same way :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk