Wrong Settings at Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wrong Settings at Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wrong Settings at Draft

Postby roninmedia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:29 am

Dear League Members,

I made a mistake when making the league settings. I placed point values on returns yards/td's for players and not special team return yards/td's. It was my intention of counting special team return yards and td's not player return yards and td's. This error came to light during the draft (drafting Dante Hall). Anyway, anyone have a problem if I change the settigns from players return yards/td's to special team return yards/td's?

I personally think to change it now would be bad for the league. I mean I did draft receivers such as Dante Hall, Wes Welker, and Eddie Drummond.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wrong Settings at Draft

Postby treat24 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:38 am

roninmedia wrote:
Dear League Members,

I made a mistake when making the league settings. I placed point values on returns yards/td's for players and not special team return yards/td's. It was my intention of counting special team return yards and td's not player return yards and td's. This error came to light during the draft (drafting Dante Hall). Anyway, anyone have a problem if I change the settigns from players return yards/td's to special team return yards/td's?

I personally think to change it now would be bad for the league. I mean I did draft receivers such as Dante Hall, Wes Welker, and Eddie Drummond.

what is going on here?

it's never a good idea to change settings during or after a draft... this needs a UNANIMOUS decision to be changed... IMO
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby roninmedia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:50 am

According to the commish, he didn't notice the error in scoring until the middle of the draft when I selected Dante Hall. The league made fun of the pick and I told them, "looking at the settings, women; we count return yards". And now he wants majority vote to change it to the scoring he intended. I was probably the only one who noticed we counted return yards for individual players and drafted as such.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:01 pm

There's absolutely no way you change the settings during or after a draft unless you get unanimous consent from the league. It doesn't matter what mistakes were made. It's especially huge in this case because people drafted players in high rounds that wouldn't normally be drafted under normal settings.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:11 pm

If they do change the settings i'd ask for a re-do of the draft considering you drafted for those settings, if they dont re-draft then personally i'd tell em to go to h*** and drop out. Thats pretty shady...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:If they do change the settings i'd ask for a re-do of the draft considering you drafted for those settings, if they dont re-draft then personally i'd tell em to go to h*** and drop out. Thats pretty shady...

yep, i agree with myself, steelers, and pmoney...

it must be unanimous ... if they change it, ask for a redraft... if no redraft, QUIT!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 pm

What about a compromise - leave the setting as is for points for individual players for return yds/td's plus add on special teams return yds/td's - that way you don't get screwed for drafting properly and everyone benefits equally on special teams scoring, assuming they all figured that was included in Def at the start anyway.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk