Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft orde - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft orde

Moderator: Football Moderators

Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft orde

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:13 pm

Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft order?

We use a draft generator site that e-mails the order out instantly so that everyone knows the order was done in a fair manner.

My question is.. how early would you want that order?
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft orde

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:42 pm

PapaPark wrote:Redraft leagues - how early would you release the draft order?

We use a draft generator site that e-mails the order out instantly so that everyone knows the order was done in a fair manner.

My question is.. how early would you want that order?

For more competitive leagues, as soon as possible so people can mock with that position, plan and strategize. For a league with friends I'd do it within an hour of the draft, just cause its fun that way.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:07 pm

In my $$ league, we do it right before the draft.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PapaPark » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:31 am

hmmm... interesting thought.

I've always done it several weeks before but I actually like the "hour before the draft" idea.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby shaba » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 am

Lofunzo wrote:In my $$ league, we do it right before the draft.

Same here.. ;-D
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 am

I don't like the right before the draft. I like to be able to have some sort of plan heading into the draft and ddepending on position that plan changes. In my 3 main leagues we have 1 right before the draft and the other 2 about 2-3 weeks prior. One of those we actually all get together for the draft 'lottery'. Not all of attend but at least half the owners attend. We all have ping pong balls with our team logo and my friend puts them into an old beer ball. He then had a hole put in it and hooked up a blower and we wait for the first ball to fall out. It's a lot of fun ;-D

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:35 am

dream_017 wrote:I don't like the right before the draft. I like to be able to have some sort of plan heading into the draft and ddepending on position that plan changes. In my 3 main leagues we have 1 right before the draft and the other 2 about 2-3 weeks prior. One of those we actually all get together for the draft 'lottery'. Not all of attend but at least half the owners attend. We all have ping pong balls with our team logo and my friend puts them into an old beer ball. He then had a hole put in it and hooked up a blower and we wait for the first ball to fall out. It's a lot of fun ;-D

I don't see the big deal. Is it that hard to just do a mock by yourself for the first round and bring that to the draft??
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:23 am

dream_017 wrote:I don't like the right before the draft. I like to be able to have some sort of plan heading into the draft and ddepending on position that plan changes. In my 3 main leagues we have 1 right before the draft and the other 2 about 2-3 weeks prior. One of those we actually all get together for the draft 'lottery'. Not all of attend but at least half the owners attend. We all have ping pong balls with our team logo and my friend puts them into an old beer ball. He then had a hole put in it and hooked up a blower and we wait for the first ball to fall out. It's a lot of fun ;-D

Duuude, where have those been all my life?!?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 am

I'm one that doesn't really care if it's given early or not. I think I have a general consensus of where everyone should go and what I want.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 pm

Yeah, I don't like to know prior to the draft. It makes me overthink, and I tend to let players slide that I like who fall in mock drafts. If I go in without knowing my order, I tend to get more of the players I want rather than picking for value and missing the players I was really targeting.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner