Asante Samuel - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Asante Samuel

Moderator: Football Moderators

Asante Samuel

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:36 am

Cool your Jets

Let’s just get one thing straight.

Hell will freeze over before the Patriots allow holdout, franchised corner Asante Samuel [stats] to bolt to the Jets - unless New York is willing to part with two first-round draft choices. Of course, it will also take hell freezing over before Eric Mangini gives Belichick and Pioli two first-rounders.

So there is no practical way for Samuel to end up with the Jets, just as there was no prayer of Deion Branch going to New York last year. So any conversations the Jets have with Samuel are done with only the intention of poisoning the waters in New England

From today's Boston Globe. It would nice to have Revis and Samuels as our CB for the next 5 years or so but like the article says there is no way we are giving up two first rounders for him.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Asante Samuel

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:00 am

I would really enjoy Samuel's, but I wouldn't give up 2 first rounders.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Re: Asante Samuel

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:10 am

Dawinner127 wrote:I would really enjoy Samuel's, but I wouldn't give up 2 first rounders.

Same here. Obviously, any team would love to get Samuels. But I don't even think I'd give up 1 first rounder for him. It's not like the Jets are 1 player away from contending for a Super Bowl. It was bad enough that we ended up not having a lot of picks in this years draft. Wait it out. If NE really thinks that ANY team is willing to give up that much for him, they're high. Wait until he becomes a FA and then try to get him. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to New York Jets