2007 NFL player stat projections? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2007 NFL player stat projections?

Moderator: Football Moderators

2007 NFL player stat projections?

Postby jmog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:37 am

I put together an Excel spreadsheet full with macros last season that basically lets you enter in your scoring system and starting roster needs and it then ranks players based on projected points scored, need/position scarcity, etc. It ranks each position as well as a top 100.

Anyway, I found some great stat projections for all positions last year that I used, now I can't find any on the net for this year. Anyone have some good links to stat projections for all fantasy positions (K and DEF too) or links to some?

Thats all I have to adjust on my spreadsheet for this season, is enter in some new names and change the stats.

Anyway, thanks guys, and to answer the next question...yes, I am a dork, enough of one to write an excel program to rank fantasy football players, it doesn't get much more "geekish" than that.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2007 NFL player stat projections?

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:05 am

Don't worry there are a lot of us dorks out there :-b

fftoday has stats ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:48 am

I don't think it's geekish, only if that spreadsheet was to project the amount of time that it takes for you to get to work on that specific day, then it would be geekish :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby mlavwilson » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 pm

http://www.ffauthority.com/modules/ff/

You can also download League Master and export projects in csv from that. to your spreadsheet.
mlavwilson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jmog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:26 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I don't think it's geekish, only if that spreadsheet was to project the amount of time that it takes for you to get to work on that specific day, then it would be geekish :-b

Actually I have that one too...well, really how much it cost me in gas each day/week/month/year to get to work depending on gas prices.

I drive 40 miles each way to work, so gas prices are kind of a big expense :).
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jmog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:22 pm

dream_017 wrote:Don't worry there are a lot of us dorks out there :-b

fftoday has stats ;-D

Thanks, thats what I was looking for, actual NFL stat projections, not just FF point projections.

With the ability on the spreadsheet to change scoring systems and recalculate the rankings, I have to put in actual stats, not FF point projections.

Thanks again.

If anyone else has a good link I'd appreciate it. Last year I found 3 different sites and kind of took the "average" of the 3 and put it into the spreadsheet.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Athrun340 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:01 pm

yahoo has one.. click projected stats .. they projected calvin johnson to have 1000+ yards ;-D
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:11 pm

jmog wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I don't think it's geekish, only if that spreadsheet was to project the amount of time that it takes for you to get to work on that specific day, then it would be geekish :-b

Actually I have that one too...well, really how much it cost me in gas each day/week/month/year to get to work depending on gas prices.

I drive 40 miles each way to work, so gas prices are kind of a big expense :).

Yeah, being a delivery driver, driving 400-500 miles a week I keep track of my gas mileage, and driving habits that I use to try to increase my efficiency. The way I see it, it isn't dorky if you use the information/statistics to improve an important aspect of your life, and when gas is $3-$3.50 a gallon, every bit helps ;-D

Excel was the best product of Microsoft :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk