Starting an auction keeper league that is NOT dynasty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Starting an auction keeper league that is NOT dynasty

Moderator: Football Moderators

Starting an auction keeper league that is NOT dynasty

Postby jesse88 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm looking for advice on how to manage the keepers in my league. I'm toying with a percentage bump and also an across the board dollar value bump for keepers, but am not sure which way, or a combo of ways, works best. Each year an owner will have a dollar amount to draft with and the keepers will obviously automatically subtract from this dollar amount. Should I restrict the number of years a player can be kept? Each team starts the year with $200 and we need to fill an eleven man starting roster with five reserves and I'm thinking of a 20% bump from the previous auction amount with a minium bump of $10 for RB's and $5 for QB's and WR's. If anyone as ever done this or knows a good place to get more complete information on leagues like these please let me know. All I ever seem to run into are the dynasty/contract type leagues.
jesse88
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Starting an auction keeper league that is NOT dynasty

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:09 am

jesse88 wrote:I'm looking for advice on how to manage the keepers in my league. I'm toying with a percentage bump and also an across the board dollar value bump for keepers, but am not sure which way, or a combo of ways, works best. Each year an owner will have a dollar amount to draft with and the keepers will obviously automatically subtract from this dollar amount. Should I restrict the number of years a player can be kept? Each team starts the year with $200 and we need to fill an eleven man starting roster with five reserves and I'm thinking of a 20% bump from the previous auction amount with a minium bump of $10 for RB's and $5 for QB's and WR's. If anyone as ever done this or knows a good place to get more complete information on leagues like these please let me know. All I ever seem to run into are the dynasty/contract type leagues.

Every leugue is fairly unique and I think when you get into keeper/dynasty leagues the rules can vary that much more. I think you are on the right track, but i would also get input from the owners within the league. You don't want to come up with something that they won't support.

I like the idea of having a max number of years to keep a player. I think it is also a good idea to bump salaries. One way might be to bump a % based on where they finish in scoring from the previous year...just thowing out ideas.
#1 RB - 20%
#2 RB - 19%
#3 RB - 18%
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner