Dynasty Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dynasty Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Rankings

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 pm

I've gotta come up with some dynasty rankings for a first-year dynasty league pretty quickly because I need to leave a list with someone to draft for me for about a month. I've been ushing Football Guys, but is there another site that has rankings that are more reliable? How good are Football Guys' rankings usually?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Rankings

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Could someone please help me out?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:44 pm

There's this website: http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/fo/rankings.php

Their rankings don't look too good and they haven't updated them for over 2 months, leaving rookies off the list, but they could at least give you something to compare to footballguys rankings. Wish I could be of more help, but there really aren't many services out there that do comprehensive dynasty rankings, at least among those which are free.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:46 am

http://www.fftoolbox.com

Then go to "Dynasty/Keeper Rankings"
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:http://www.fftoolbox.com

wow some of the those rankings are horrible. check out the WR rankings. santonio holmes? michael clayton? loving how guys like this are ranked above harrison and TO who are ranked in the 30s. :-? i dont care how old harrsion and moss are, they will still double a lot of those guys' numbers for a few years.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:18 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

wow some of the those rankings are horrible. check out the WR rankings. santonio holmes? michael clayton? loving how guys like this are ranked above harrison and TO who are ranked in the 30s. :-? i dont care how old harrsion and moss are, they will still double a lot of those guys' numbers for a few years.

completely agree, even though it is dynasty rankings, they have a couple good years left and you can retool your team then if you need to, I'd rather take a top 20 guy who will stay in the top 20 for a couple years than a very young player who may or may not become a stud... even in a dynasty... not a fan of those...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm

treat24 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

completely agree, even though it is dynasty rankings, they have a couple good years left and you can retool your team then if you need to, I'd rather take a top 20 guy who will stay in the top 20 for a couple years than a very young player who may or may not become a stud... even in a dynasty... not a fan of those...

exactly.

2 or 3 years is plenty of time to replace a starter in your lineup at any position. i mean can anyone say they would honestly draft matt jones, stallworth, mike clayton, santonio holmes....etc in front of guys like owens and harrison, regardless of league format? i would seriously double take a pick like that. moss only has 3 years on owens and he is ranked 11 (in fact the 3 guys directly after him are also above 30 years old). that makes no sense to me.

the first set of rankings i looked at were the WR, and after that i closed the link.

hoping to get some other opinions on this as it seems like a good debate on the value of older guys in dyansties compared to unproven youth. i think a mixture in a dynasty is optimal myself, but it seems like a lot of people go gung-ho on youth.

BTW....for some reason i inserted "moss" in my initial post where i wanted to say "owens" :-b .
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:32 am

deluxe_247 wrote:

Hey deluxe...since we're in that league, let's hope that he used those rankings! :-b ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:54 am

The RB rankings are no better. Some questionable calls:

Benson over MJD, Bush, McGahee, Portis, Rudi, etc.
Lynch over Portis, AP, etc.
Maroney over Parker, Addai.

And then at the end, he mentions guys like LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes, Chester Taylor, Ahman Green, etc. over Michael Turner.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Lol...those ones are a total joke.

Steelerfan, I think you're on the right track w/ FBGs.

I'm thinking about releasing some this year, but they won't be done in the timespan you need them even if I do.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk