New fantasy league idea for drafts and league wins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New fantasy league idea for drafts and league wins

Moderator: Football Moderators

New fantasy league idea for drafts and league wins

Postby ffootball07 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:06 pm

I have thought about starting a new fantasy league idea.

Instead of doing a normal serpentine draft, I want to have a different random draft order for each round. So the 1st drafting team doesn't have the 1st pick in odd rounds, the 12th team drafting 1st in even rounds, etc. This may add some more excitement to my league draft.

Also I'd like to have a rule in which if a team wins a game in a week, he can choose a player from one of the losing teams in the league. Each losing team would only lose one player per loss. This could go on each week until the end of week 12, 13, or 14 right before the playoffs. The order in which the winning teams could acquire a player would be based on most total points. The most total points would get first pick, and so on.

Does this make any sense and is anyone doing something like this in their leagues?
ffootball07
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New fantasy league idea for drafts and league wins

Postby ironcityboy88 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:50 pm

ffootball07 wrote:Also I'd like to have a rule in which if a team wins a game in a week, he can choose a player from one of the losing teams in the league. Each losing team would only lose one player per loss. This could go on each week until the end of week 12, 13, or 14 right before the playoffs. The order in which the winning teams could acquire a player would be based on most total points. The most total points would get first pick, and so on.

Does this make any sense and is anyone doing something like this in their leagues?

The rich get richer and the poor keep getting poorer...you must be a republican!

Just kid'n
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ffootball07 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:01 pm

I hear ya. I won't ask any democrats to do this league then.
ffootball07
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Regarding the draft idea, that's just adding MORE luck to fantasy football, so that's a :-t . As for the other idea, you just make it so bad and mediocre teams can win championships with one or two early lucky weeks. :-t

Sorry, but I give you an A for creativity. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Regarding the draft idea, that's just adding MORE luck to fantasy football, so that's a :-t . As for the other idea, you just make it so bad and mediocre teams can win championships with one or two early lucky weeks. :-t

Sorry, but I give you an A for creativity. :-b

I agree with Joel :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 pm

hey man, if you can find 9 or 11 other guys that would be going along with these ideas, then more power to ya, because they will be out of the ordinary fantasy leagues, but these ideas would just not work for me.

While it is 'outside of the box', I think that by the end of the season the teams will be completely lopsided and no fun for anyone
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby spodog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 pm

The more a team loses games, the more players they lose to the winning teams?

Sounds just like Major League Baseball to me. All the small market teams can't resign their free agents because teams like the Yankees, Braves, Giants, etc offer them 8 and 9 year contracts worth 10's or even 100M+ and so the small market teams are just pushed deeper and deeper into an abyss that they can't escape.

If you want to run your fantasy league like the NFL, which has almost perfected parity and equity amongst teams, then you need to trash this idea. :-t

If you are really are George Steinbrenner logged on under an alias, then this suggestion makes sense.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner