how to run a good home fantasy draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

how to run a good home fantasy draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: how to run a good home fantasy draft

Postby Dom33 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:03 pm

What do you guys use for times for each draft pick?

is 2:30 to much for a first round draft pick?

Any other information on having a live draft would be vewry much appreciated
Dom33
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:47 pm

We use 2 minutes for every pick. That usually keeps an 18 round draft to about 3 hours 30 minutes.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:25 am

Dom33 wrote:What do you guys use for times for each draft pick?

is 2:30 to much for a first round draft pick?

Any other information on having a live draft would be vewry much appreciated

We don't really have a set limit, but if someone is taking too long they will get the idea from the other owners comments. The first round should actually be one of the faster rounds
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby lennie74kjv » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 pm

I have converted my wifes family to fantasy footballers. We hold a draft every year at the in-laws house and everyone brings a dish of food. We all eat and then we go into the living room where I have a dry erase board that already has a permenent grid on it. We have a trophy ceremony for last year and then we hold the draft. The first round is always pretty quick and the rest of the rounds are usually 3 minutes but I don't really keep count. There is only 6 teams so it usually goes by pretty quick. Then I go home and by the next morning all the picks are on the correct teams.
Kevin
lennie74kjv
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FunWithTP » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:26 am

definitely need a draft board. cheap draft boards: http://commishkit.com/

i would suggest getting an attractive female to be a "draft board girl." i'm absolutely serious, having someone putting stickers on the board will greatly speed up the draft. in leagues with my buddies i always get a female friend to put the player stickers on the board as we draft. owners stay in their seats and simply call out the player name and position, while the draft girl puts the sticker up. it eliminates the owner who doesnt know who they want to pick taking their time deciding, then going up to the board, then finding the player, then putting the sticker on the board. as well, many times owners will not call out a player until they are actually putting the player on the board. at least, prepare well for the draft yourself, and runs the draft board yourself. one player putting up stickers is much faster than 10 or more different owners walking around doing it.

dont set a limit. its supposed to be fun, but remind owners when their pick is coming up if they habitually take a long time to make a pick
FunWithTP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner