QB scoring settings in relation to other positions... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB scoring settings in relation to other positions...

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB scoring settings in relation to other positions...

Postby moose162 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Since Yahoo just drastically changed their default QB settings from 20 yds=1 pt and 1 TD= 6 pts to 25 yds=1 pt and 1 TD= 4 pts, I was wondering what you guys use in your leagues.

we've usually used 25 yds per point and 6 pts per touchdown with 10 yds per point and 6 pt tds for backs/receivers. I really think 4 pts per TD is over the top. Quarterbacks are supposed to be among the highest scorers because you only start one and the difference between the elite and the average is so small in comparison to the difference among backs/receivers.
moose162
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB scoring settings in relation to other positions...

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:09 am

I do too. I think the way most leagues default--two starting RB, flex, really artifically enhances the value of running backs anyway. QBs are far and away the most important position in real football (unless of course you have an abnormally talented guy at another position), but in fantasy, they are devalued as it is because of scarcity affecting the rbs so much. I think its kind of silly really, and really handcuffs the qbs even more.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:52 am

Not really sure it is going to make that much difference :-?

In a game from last season, under my scoring .05 per passing yard and 4 points per TD the final score was:
108.7 to 97.35

The QBs in the game were Bulger(108.7) and Kitna (97.35). They scored 22.8 and 21.75 respetivley.

Under yahoos old format they score:
Bulger - 23 Kitna - 22

Under the new format, they score:
Bulger - 18 Kitna - 16

So what does that mean? Nothing. The difference is 1 point which doesn't affect the outcome of the game either. A yahoo score would go from 87-78 to 82-72

Not that big of a deal in my opinion. Let's not always look at the final yearly stats, but it it to real life game level and see how it affects games ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby BrewCrew6 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:21 am

My league really bumps QB value, 1 pt/20 yards passing, 6 pts per TD, +2 points per 20 yards of length

ex: 40 yard TD = 10 points for the TD, and 2 for the yardage
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby poopscoop » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:30 am

moose162 wrote:Since Yahoo just drastically changed their default QB settings from 20 yds=1 pt and 1 TD= 6 pts to 25 yds=1 pt and 1 TD= 4 pts, I was wondering what you guys use in your leagues.

we've usually used 25 yds per point and 6 pts per touchdown with 10 yds per point and 6 pt tds for backs/receivers. I really think 4 pts per TD is over the top. Quarterbacks are supposed to be among the highest scorers because you only start one and the difference between the elite and the average is so small in comparison to the difference among backs/receivers.

We use 25 yds=1 pt and 1 TD= 4 pts, bonus points for 300+ yds

I think that is fair compared to our other positions.

10 yds=1pt and 1TD = 6 pts for all others
poopscoop
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Personally, I'm leaving the Passing TD at 6. Bottomline, why should I take 2 points off it. A TD is a TD.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk