League Set-Up Questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Set-Up Questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Set-Up Questions

Postby bmmac27 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am

Has anyone ever run a leage with 2 divisons? The issue is I have about 20 - 24 people that want to play and we're not hardcore so anymore than 10 - 12 teams and it loses appeal due to talent drop off.

My thought is setting up two leagues and working some inter-'division' matchups as well as the pre-determined Yahoo matchups and then declare division and an overall winner?

Is the plasable? or just dumb?
bmmac27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Set-Up Questions

Postby ironcityboy88 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:54 pm

bmmac27 wrote:Has anyone ever run a leage with 2 divisons? The issue is I have about 20 - 24 people that want to play and we're not hardcore so anymore than 10 - 12 teams and it loses appeal due to talent drop off.

My thought is setting up two leagues and working some inter-'division' matchups as well as the pre-determined Yahoo matchups and then declare division and an overall winner?

Is the plasable? or just dumb?

If you're going to be the commissioner, then you'll want to commish a league with owners that PARTICIPATE and have fun, no matter if they're 0-12 or whatever. Of those 20-24 "interested" people, probably only a little more than half of that will remain interested through the good times and bad times that they'll inevitably have during the season. I run a 10 team league that has a short waiting list to get on. The people have waited for six years so far, because people want to STAY in the league that is fun, competitive, and has owners that actually enjoy the aspects of fantasy football throughout the year. I had to start a Division II league that I commished, which had teams that wanted to make it to the big leagues. I was able to determine owners that wanted to play and were competitive, and I put them on the wait list.

Put either the first ten interested owners into your main league (the so called "competitive" league) and put the other ten owners (that you think may be a little "less" interested than the top ten owners) in the other league. Same rules for both, same cost. Run 'em both, and you can come up with ideas for intra-league play, for example, you can designate one or two weeks a year where teams from "League One" will play teams from "League Two" (you may have to keep the score separately, but sometimes you have to put some time in your league. Don't worry about the teams having some of the same players or whatever, they aren't going to have EXACTLY the same teams, and go from there. Plausible...tough but plausible. It's your league, let your imagination go crazy, just keep the leagues competitive, fair, and be as impartial and unbiased as you can. The owners will be able to tell the difference, trust me.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always here to help, especially for co-commissioners!

Dan
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner