#2 receiver and #3 RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

#2 receiver and #3 RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

#2 receiver and #3 RB

Postby #1greenteamfan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:15 pm

Lately I've done alot of mocks, and the biggest weakness I keep hearing is that I don't have a good group of WR's. I usually end up with a top receiver, but it's the #2 I'm trying to figure. What are some ideal numbers that the #2 should have, and some examples of #2 receivers I should go after. Also, same 2 question for #3 RB. Thnx!
#1greenteamfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: #2 receiver and #3 RB

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:34 pm

A couple number 2 WR's..Hmm. Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Reggie Brown, Randy Moss, Hines Ward.
Number 3 Rb's,,Ladell Betts, Jerious Norwood, Chester Taylor, Lamont Jordan/Dominic Rhodes. It really depends on how many teams are in your league, on who will be available or not.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:07 pm

mrblitz wrote:A couple number 2 WR's..Hmm. Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Reggie Brown, Randy Moss, Hines Ward.
Number 3 Rb's,,Ladell Betts, Jerious Norwood, Chester Taylor, Lamont Jordan/Dominic Rhodes. It really depends on how many teams are in your league, on who will be available or not.

I usually try to get a 3rd RB that's still an actual full time starter that should be there all year like Jamal, Ahman, Deuce.

If I pick late in a draft I've been ending up with a team like Maroney or Westbrook as a 1st rounder, Henry, McGahee, Portis in the 2nd, and the Colston and Moss as my 3rd and 4th rounders, Jamal or Ahman as my 5th. 6th round is where I seem to have trouble definitively having a plan for someone. Do I take a top TE like Heap, a WR like Ward or Calvin Johnson, or a Kitna at QB or do I take a 4th back.

One thing I've definitely noticed is that if I take a QB like a Brees in the 4th my 2nd WR is much weaker than I would like.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:37 pm

mrblitz wrote:A couple number 2 WR's..Hmm. Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Reggie Brown, Randy Moss, Hines Ward.

Walker as a #2? I'd consider him a mid to low-end #1 at this point, not a #2.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby thatonepoorkid » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:39 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Agreed this is a very underrated guy. Also lets not forget just a few years ago he was ranked among the top 10 WRs in the league by many.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Atog » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:06 am

Once you have an established stud I like to take a chance with my #2 WR and take a guy with upside...I took Walker last year and that turned out well ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby venus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:06 am

I looked at your 5 drafts, your last two drafts(bottom two) were your best drafts, imo.
One thing I would recommend, is you don't need two d's, you should try to get a fifth wr, grab a Jarrett, Meachem, Bowe, Sidney Rice, someone you can get late and could blossom into the next Colston.
I usually wait until the 14th & 15th picks for my D & Kickers, as I swap out D's week to week(Thanks Plindsey ;-D ) and grab a kicker of team that should score alot(eyeing up the usual suspects, my sleeper is Gostkowski).
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby #1greenteamfan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Here's another mock, I just recently did:

http://www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/104054
#1greenteamfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:29 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Walker? What about Driver? The guy has finished in the top 10 four out of the last five years.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk