Who will be this years LJ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be this years LJ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who will be this years LJ?

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:25 pm

elltrain22 wrote:Marion Barber is a guy that I am really high on. I am 110% sold on him getting the bulk of the carries for Dallas this year, and w/ his ability to find the end zone the sky's the limit...

DeAngelo Williams is fast, elusive, has great hands, and IMO, will have a breakout year for the Panthers. I am 110% sold on him being the Panthers feature back, and I very realistically see 800 rsh yds, w/ 6 rushing tds, and 2 rec'ing tds...

Ladell Betts, if given the chance, (that is if Portis goes down) can put up great #'s, but I think that Portis is gonna have a big year, so Betts is risky, IMO...

Turner would be a great fantasy option if he weren't a backup, but since he is LT's backup, I wouldn't expect much from him...

Jerious Norwood could deliver big-time, but I don't think Dunn is done yet...

Washington is fast, and talented, but Thomas Jones is gonna be a work horse for the Jets...

of the mentioned, i love Barber the most, followed by DeAngleo

Where do you base you assumption MBIII will get the "bulk" of the carries in Dallas? I see him getting less than he did last year and Jones being a MUCH better value.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:09 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Where do you base you assumption MBIII will get the "bulk" of the carries in Dallas? I see him getting less than he did last year and Jones being a MUCH better value.

I'm with you on this one RawDAWG, FF'ers have got to be the most stubborn people around when it comes to learning from mistakes.

Is this not eerily similar to the situation we saw in Carolina a couple years ago? Deshaun Foster comes in and looks good on a handful of carries and everyone just assumes he's the starter next year. All offseason I asked repeatedly for any hard info that Foster was the new starter and no one could provide anything more than conjecture, all the while drafting Foster as if he were the sure-fire starter. It wasn't like people were drafting him hoping he would become the starter, they were doing such as if he already were. Meanwhile Stephen Davis, who I grabbed basically for free in round 12 of all my leagues that year, went on to put up 12 TDs in the first 9 games that year.

Now, at least Davis was old and coming off a major injury. JJ has even LESS going against him than Davis did, and we saw what happened there.

I think best case for MBIII for at least the first half of the season is RBBC-land.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:11 pm

Hey guys, the off-season is long on optimism and short on memories. The truth comes knocking soon enough for most, let the dreamers dream.

(But don't go thinking that Julie is going to be thrown away because MBIII had a great season.)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk