Steve McNair and Deshaun Foster. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve McNair and Deshaun Foster.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steve McNair and Deshaun Foster.

Postby Ball Sweat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:59 am

Now I haven't watched football in since the beginning of the 05 season, but is there some reason that I got these 2 as my 13th and 14th picks in a 10 team yahoo league? When I last watched they were both doing well and it seems according to the rankings they should've gone sooner. Thanks for the input I'm trying to get back into football after a couple years under a rock.
Ball Sweat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Steve McNair and Deshaun Foster.

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:40 pm

DeShaun Foster is assumed to be playing second fiddle to DeAngelo Williams this season, hence nobody wants to draft him. That said, I look at him as a value pick in the later rounds; I can see him being a reasonably good RB3 for you, which is a great bargain in the 'teen rounds. Also, he has injury concerns.

Steve McNair... well, he's old and he's throwing the ball in Baltimore. That said, I don't know why he's going as low as he does. He should improve his numbers in his second year in the Baltimore offense, and the Ravens have several WRs poised for breakouts.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:29 pm

Deshaun probably went where he should've. And Steve McNair has gone undrafted in alot of leagues. Just too many injury concerns, and not alot of weapons offensively.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Those are about where they should go. McNair probably shouldn't be drafted in a 10 team but it's not horrible for a backup QB. Foster should be going at about 110-140 overall IMO... I'd be ok with him as my RB4 right now...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:41 pm

Yeah, as the other guys have said, Foster has injury concerns and a more talented RB playing along side him (although I still think you got good value by getting him that late, and I think he'll produce much more than people are expecting). McNair is a solid mid-tier QB, but his production ceiling is fairly limited (good D and more ball-control offense doesn't lend itself to FF QB stats), and he's an injury risk also. Both are solid value guys that you did fine in drafting though...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Return to Football Talk