Team Transformation... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Team Transformation...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:08 am

yo umake a good point that most WR are too inconsistent. i would try and get maybe toomer, ten if you can swing for Owens, he should turn it around eventually. Hines Ward is money if he is able to be gotten, plax should turn it around. Coles has looked great in wash. CJ is money, keep him.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sloopyseconds » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:11 pm

i like your trade for LT. Chargers have an easy schedule, though their O-line has some injuries, he cant really do any worse than he is right now. the thing about stephen davis is that he is totally the work horse for the panthers. they play solid d, then pound away with davis till their recievers get open, then pound away with davis some more... he is destined to be injured. you should drop KITNA for PENNINGTON, unless you need kitna for a bye week or something..which i dont beleive you do if you have hasselback. pennington will be the savior of the jets this year. he is studly, whereas kitna is worn out, solid, but no potential to be anything better than solid. i like your recievers; c johnson will be solid at worst, boston proved his potential week 5, and the chargers have an easy schedule. price should tear shit up once vick comes back [hopefully]. boldin will be your sub if you have any doubts about anyone else. if you could deal Foster, betts, and/or boldin for a different backup, go for it, but otherwise u look good
Sloopyseconds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:30 pm

Got Pennington, so between Hasselbeck and him, I should be set. However, what other moves should I consider? D. Davis should be a good fillin as a backup if needed. I'm wondering what WRs I could go after to upgrade??? Any suggestions on that?

Friendliness: %

Postby Warpigs » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:46 pm

Sorry. Forgot to log in on that last post. I got Pennington. Any ideas of sure-hit WRs I should target?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby greatgretzky » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:38 pm

well I don't knwo how much overally it helped or hurt, but one thing you do have going for you is a minimum of byes left. I don't think tomlinson is trash, but I think, and this is jsut my opinion, but you should have left your backs well enough alone and tried to get some wr's WHILE keeping boston if possible, I know that is much easier said than done. Since you have hasselbeck, I would personally try and get koren. He may be easier to acquire than some others, gives you a potent one two punch double dip WITH protection in your solid rb's. And it will give you potential explosiveness to overcome a superior opponent If one exists in your leage.

I am in a league like yours two rb, three wr. And my philosphy is that in this scenario it is the wr's that can make or break you. you have the backs, and flex isn't an option. Sooo, other teams will be hard pressed to match you in backs, and qb's are usually somewhat equal in that everyone ahs a pretty decent one. Here I made it a poitn to trya nd acquire three good receivers. Even though they are a crap shoot, two out of three will usually perform, or one out of three will, but a big day froma receiver can average out to a ncie day average for the whole corps. I would seek to pick up porter if he is on the wire for depth, then trade price and boldin for a top tier wr, froma team with a stud and no depth.

I was in the same situation earlier in the year. trade bsoton and tais streets the second week fo the season for torry holt, then jsut traded bledsoe and parker for toomer to a qb starved team (had testaverde), so I started with boston, streets and rod smith,
now am starting holt, krob (traded toomer for him, to avoid three giants on my team) and jimmy smith (waivers). feel really good abotu that.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby greatgretzky » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:40 pm

Oh yea, I would defintiely take that trade for to, and still look to turn price and boldin into somethign more, giving you unbelievable wr depth and damn tough to beat.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:24 am

The TO deal isn't going to work. The leader in the other divisiion supposedly offered him D. Jackson, Trent Green and Moe Williams. Since the guy has no QB with Vick on the shelf, this trade fits him well, so I doubt I could get TO. I don't have much to rival that offer.

I can try to get someone else at WR, but I'll need Price to have another huge game to inflate his value. Overall, I think Boston will have his share of big games the rest of the way. I also like CJ to continue producing. Therefore I'll work on that No. 3 receiver position. Should I also work on upgrading Hasselbeck? If he has a big week and someone like Favre or Brad Johnson has a down week, I might be able to swing something. Favre's bye next week might help make Hasselbeck more appealing to Favre's owner.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:37 am

i would rather have hasselback than favre, packers have too many games that are all green.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk