Did the winner of your league last year have BAL, NE or CHI - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did the winner of your league last year have BAL, NE or CHI

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did the winner of your league last year have BAL, NE or CHI DST?

Yes with BAL
11%
Yes with NE
11%
Yes with CHI
16%
No
62%

Total votes : 37

Re: Did the winner of your league last year have BAL, NE or CHI

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:37 pm

In our league it cost 1.00 for a transaction which includes add/drop and trades so it's nice to have a defense you can depend on.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:28 pm

Yes, the champ in my league had the Ravens (a 10th rd draft pick).

Of course, that team also had LJ, TO, Addai, and Wayne. :-?
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby venus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:15 pm

I won my main league playing KC D in the championship. I originally drafted Denver's D and did the week to week drop and add. The key to my championship was Isaac Bruce :-????
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:43 am

I had the Patriots defense in both of my $ leagues. However, like many others, I started KC vs OAK in the championship game for both leagues....both wins.

;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jmog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:20 am

Nope Chargers.

Our league has one free FA/WW transaction, everyone past that costs $$.

Thats why we have a VERY deep draft. 10 teams, 20 rounds. We have to draft 2 Ks and 2 DSTs because of our FA/WW rules.

We also draft 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs, 2 TEs. We only start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.

We have a bench with 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.

So, in our league you can not play the FA/WW for matchups with DSTs. You have to draft "well" or pay for a FA move.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:30 pm

PapaPark wrote:In our league it cost 1.00 for a transaction which includes add/drop and trades so it's nice to have a defense you can depend on.

Most leagues finish up after (16) weeks, are you really telling me that $16.00 is too much to spend to play DBBC, which is proven to be the most effective way to play the position?

As I have for the past (4) years, I won my most important league by playing a different defense every week, and had the highest scoring at the position over the course of the season...

AND I didn't burn a draft pick, much less a mid-round draft pick on a defense...

I finished the season with the Chiefs as my D... In week 15 I had the Rams, and they shut-out Oakland...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:34 pm

treat24 wrote:the winner of my main league had baltimore... baltimore and MJD... the rest of her team was ok... they just turned it up at the end...

;-D
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:29 am

I was in 4 leagues last year and none of the winners had those defenses.

Dallas is a cheap defense you want this year. Wade Phillips is doing the scheming there now. He is going to give Roy Williams the opportunity to be a play maker he can be and less of a coverage guy which is where he is weaker as well as make some other scheming changes to the D. There are alot of talented guys there. They just need a coach that will use their strengths to give them the opportunity to succeed.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby jmog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
PapaPark wrote:In our league it cost 1.00 for a transaction which includes add/drop and trades so it's nice to have a defense you can depend on.

Most leagues finish up after (16) weeks, are you really telling me that $16.00 is too much to spend to play DBBC, which is proven to be the most effective way to play the position?

As I have for the past (4) years, I won my most important league by playing a different defense every week, and had the highest scoring at the position over the course of the season...

AND I didn't burn a draft pick, much less a mid-round draft pick on a defense...

I finished the season with the Chiefs as my D... In week 15 I had the Rams, and they shut-out Oakland...

In my league your FA moves go up each time you use one. They go like this...

1st-free
2nd-$2
3rd-$4
4th-$6
and so on all the way up to $30 for the 16th move.

So, in the end it would cost someone in my league $240 to change their defense each week. For a league that has an entrance fee of $50 + CBSSportline fee thats a hefty price to pay for FAs.

We have to draft 2 DSTs and use them based on matchups. Last year I was able to draft well enough to not have to use my free FA move on a player and I did use my free FA move to pick up a DST that was playing a couple bad offensive teams for the playoffs.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Football Talk