Bears Interested in Chris Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears Interested in Chris Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bears Interested in Chris Brown?

Postby Heimholder » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:54 am

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070615bears,1,863690.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

Didn't see this posted yet. Now before all the "Christine" jokes start flying, you have to admit Brown is pretty dang good if he can stay healthy. Assuming Benson will carry the main load, I am intrigued at this possibility for the Bears. No way he'd take the place of Jones, but he'd be a nice change of pace and could step in decently if Benson missed a game or 2. If this went through i may drop Benson a spot or 2 in my rankings, but in reality it may help him last the season... :-?
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bears Interested in Chris Brown?

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:07 am

I think Brown will resign with the Titans. He has a better shot of being the #1 RB with the Titans than he does with the Bears.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:21 am

killiansjmd wrote:I think Brown will resign with the Titans. He has a better shot of being the #1 RB with the Titans than he does with the Bears.

yeah from most of the news clippings i've read it would seem Tennessee seems to be in the lead although i wouldn't be surprised to see him go to chicago really.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:45 am

hmm I guess if he wants the RB1 job he would try it in Tennessee...but if a Super-Bowl ring is what interests him, he would be a lot better off in Chicago...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:58 am

Yeh, the Bears interest was brought up last week:
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=325935&hilit=+Chris+Brown
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:25 pm

...and just got this update a few minutes ago that the Titans hope to re-sign him by tomorrow:

Saturday, 06/16/07

Titans want free-agent RB signed by Tuesday

By JESSICA HOPP
Staff Writer

The Titans continued contract talks Friday with free-agent running back Chris Brown, and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said he would like to have a deal completed by Tuesday when the team begins its final minicamp.

"It would behoove both sides to have it done before then," Reinfeldt said.

On Thursday, Brown's agent, Wynn Silberman, said the fifth-year pro had narrowed his picks to Chicago or Tennessee.

Brown, a third-round pick by the Titans in 2003, is from Chicago. The defending NFC champions have a need at running back after trading Thomas Jones, who was coming off consecutive 1,200-plus yard seasons, to the New York Jets.

"It's interesting," Silberman said Thursday. "We just don't know what the best situation is at this point. Both teams are stating their cases."

The Titans lost starter Travis Henry in free agency and want a veteran in the mix with second-year pro LenDale White and rookie Chris Henry.

Brown started in 25 of 26 games for the Titans in 2004 and 2005, recording six 100-yard games and his first 1,000-yard season in his second year.

Last year, after a preseason request to be traded, he dropped to third on the depth chart and played in just five games. The Titans elected not to re-sign Brown, who has been working out in Chicago.

"I think this is the best place for him," Reinfeldt said. "Hopefully he will see it that way, too."

After a minicamp concludes Thursday, the Titans won't regroup until training camp in late July.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk