FWP vs shaun alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FWP vs shaun alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: FWP vs shaun alexander

Postby jeffreyt13 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:30 pm

I would take FWP over SA. I am not too high on either player and would try to trade down to the 6-8 pick and take Addai or Rudi J. I think Addai will have a good year and Rudi is a consistent 1300/12 TD scorer.
jeffreyt13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:39 pm

sublimeandy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:maroney doesn't seem like a bruiser goal line type back. i could easily see those carries going to someone else. my most optimistic numbers for maroney would put him at 1400 total yards and 10 total tds. however, he has done nothing to show me that he is capable of putting up those numbers.

Obviously he hasn't shown anything because he's a 2nd year player that averaged carrying the ball 13 times a game last year. What do you expect to see from a player who only touches the ball that much? He still scored 6 rushing TDs...oh half of which were from 1yd out. So they did use him on the goal line occasionally. This year he's probably going to see a 50-60% increase in his role in the offense by being the feature back. The offense is better than it was when Dillon was making hay there 2 and 3 years ago.

Oh and Tatum Bell (who I wouldn't have used as an analogy but I'll address your point) rush 124 times for 585 yards and 2 TDs (4.7ypc) in 6 games before he got the turf toe. Not bad. I wouldn't say he has as much talent as Maroney but that production was above average. Then he got hurt and Shanahan started playing games at RB again.

I'll say the same thing I do every year. If you wait for someone to prove something then you've already lost.

i wasn't saying that you talked about tatum bell. I made that analogy. i just think that taking maroney with a top 10, maybe even top 12 pick is a reach.

I know YOU made that analogy. I didn't say that you said I did. I just said I wouldn't have used the analogy; but since you brought it up, I addressed it.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:28 pm

FWP easily. SA is too much of a risk and he is too old to put up an amazing season even if healthy.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk