Why I Hate ESPN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why I Hate ESPN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why I Hate ESPN

Postby CC » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:50 am

dgan wrote:I was walking through Dick's Sporting Goods buying a new water bottle for my daughter who is in a track club this summer...uh, anyway...and they have ESPN on and it is NFL Live. So I look up, and -- "WHAT THE?!?!?!?!"

Bonnie Bernstein? When did this happen and who did she have to **** get that job? First Michelle "I have the presence of Bill Bixby" Bonner...now Bonnie "the OTHER sister cub" Bernstein?

I'm telling you, ESPN management is totally taken over by ABC execs now and these people know nothing about sports or what people who love sports like and dislike. Ugh!

You will hold your tongue when it comes to discussing Bonnie Bernstein in my presence. That woman is a saint and exactly the type of girl I would like to take home to have dinner with my parents.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 am

CC wrote:
dgan wrote:I was walking through Dick's Sporting Goods buying a new water bottle for my daughter who is in a track club this summer...uh, anyway...and they have ESPN on and it is NFL Live. So I look up, and -- "WHAT THE?!?!?!?!"

Bonnie Bernstein? When did this happen and who did she have to **** get that job? First Michelle "I have the presence of Bill Bixby" Bonner...now Bonnie "the OTHER sister cub" Bernstein?

I'm telling you, ESPN management is totally taken over by ABC execs now and these people know nothing about sports or what people who love sports like and dislike. Ugh!

You will hold your tongue when it comes to discussing Bonnie Bernstein in my presence. That woman is a saint and exactly the type of girl I would like to take home to have dinner with my parents.

i have heard several sports journalists talk about bonnie having a bit of fun with basketball players. quite a few basketball players.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:49 pm

surprising that nobody here is talking about this:

http://blogs.theledger.com/default.asp?item=735738
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Jimboozie wrote:surprising that nobody here is talking about this:

No video, no transcript, so I assume this was a relatively private roast of Mike & Mike? We don't know what she said only that she was drunk and got carried away making fun of Notre Dame. Why should we be talking about this moon?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

No video, no transcript, so I assume this was a relatively private roast of Mike & Mike? We don't know what she said only that she was drunk and got carried away making fun of Notre Dame. Why should we be talking about this moon?

Why are you asking moon? Does he have some inside information? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Quoting boozie and asking moon? I'm so confused. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:57 pm

SniperShot wrote:Quoting boozie and asking moon? I'm so confused. :-b

I need to learn to read instead of just look at the pictures. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Quoting boozie and asking moon? I'm so confused. :-b

I need to learn to read instead of just look at the pictures. :-B
Crap I almost got pwned by treat thinking he was swiper in another thread... Appears that's the newest cafe "in" thing now, steal someones avatar.... Well no worries about me, I'll be in this bag till August. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Apparently, what she said that has her in hot water was something along the lines of "F**k Touchdown Jesus, F**k Notre Dame, and F**k Jesus." Clearly a patently stupid thing to say. If ESPN thinks that they could potentially lose viewers or sponsors over her remarks, then they can take whatever action they deem necessary. I think the punishment is somewhat of an overreaction, however, but not because I don't think that what she said is offensive to many people...because of where and when she said it, rather. For one thing, this event was pay-per-view (I believe), so it's not as if this was on a nationally broadcast cable network like the recent "lynch" fiasco, or over the "free and open" airwaves like the Imus debacle. Second, and most importantly in my mind, it was a roast. Have people forgotten what a roast is? Have they not seen other roasts? The whole point is to be as offensively funny as possible.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:02 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Apparently, what she said that has her in hot water was something along the lines of "F**k Touchdown Jesus, F**k Notre Dame, and F**k Jesus." Clearly a patently stupid thing to say. If ESPN thinks that they could potentially lose viewers or sponsors over her remarks, then they can take whatever action they deem necessary. I think the punishment is somewhat of an overreaction, however, but not because I don't think that what she said is offensive to many people...because of where and when she said it, rather. For one thing, this event was pay-per-view (I believe), so it's not as if this was on a nationally broadcast cable network like the recent "lynch" fiasco, or over the "free and open" airwaves like the Imus debacle. Second, and most importantly in my mind, it was a roast. Have people forgotten what a roast is? Have they not seen other roasts? The whole point is to be as offensively funny as possible.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. If it was pay-per-view I'm sure there's a video out there. I have a hard time believing a Mike & Mike event wasn't recorded in some way.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk