Moderator: Football Moderators

League Settings

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:36 pm

In my 14 team first year keeper league I temporarily have settings at:
1 point every 20 yards passing
1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving
6 points every td
.25 per reception

Viewing some online projections I see our "average" team starting lineup consisting of:

7th Ranked QB: 18 pts. avg. per week
7th Ranked RB: 15 pts.
21st RB: 10
7th WR: 11
21st WR: 9
35th WR: 7
7th TE: 7
K: 5
DEF Team: 9
DL/LB: 5
DB: 5
D: 5

Do you notice anything when you look at this? Is there something that I should tweak? I think that the easiest way to adjust the scoring would be through points per reception. It is currently at .25. I could move it up or down. Should the D Team be equal to WR2? I could also move down the D Team through points per sack etc.
We are moving to a keeper league this year and I would love to get the scoring to a place where I am happy and will not be tempted to alter in years to come. Thanks fellas!
BUS36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Settings

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 am

BUS36 wrote:In my 14 team first year keeper league I temporarily have settings at:
1 point every 20 yards passing
1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving
6 points every td
.25 per reception

Viewing some online projections I see our "average" team starting lineup consisting of:

7th Ranked QB: 18 pts. avg. per week
7th Ranked RB: 15 pts.
21st RB: 10
7th WR: 11
21st WR: 9
35th WR: 7
7th TE: 7
K: 5
DEF Team: 9
DL/LB: 5
DB: 5
D: 5

Do you notice anything when you look at this? Is there something that I should tweak? I think that the easiest way to adjust the scoring would be through points per reception. It is currently at .25. I could move it up or down. Should the D Team be equal to WR2? I could also move down the D Team through points per sack etc.
We are moving to a keeper league this year and I would love to get the scoring to a place where I am happy and will not be tempted to alter in years to come. Thanks fellas!

Welcome to the cafe ;-D
At first look...it is a pretty standard scoring system. I don't think you would have any problems with this scoring system, just keep in mind if you are moving to a keeper league that any changes after this first draft should go to a majority or 3/4 league vote to change anything.

Not sure why you woul dhave both a team D and IDP. It is usually 1 or the other and if you are comfortable with IDP, that would be the way to go.

See more scoring systems
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner