IDPs or Team Defense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

IDPs or Team Defense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDPs or Team Defense?

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:54 pm

Which one do you prefer to use, or both? Thanks fellas!
BUS36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDPs or Team Defense?

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:20 am

BUS36 wrote:Which one do you prefer to use, or both? Thanks fellas!

Recent poll
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 am

I guess my real question is if you see any problem with using both?
BUS36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:35 am

I guess I don't see a problem, but I would say 99% of leagues have one or the other. Once you add IDP, there is no real reason to still have a team defense. People dog on team defense as it is, and more leagues are moving to IDP, so I don't think keeping it would add anything to the league :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:34 pm

I'd like to thank you for your timely responses and sound opinions. With that being said, I am quite surprised that possibly only 1% use both. While, If I had to pick one I would pick IDPs, I can see team d adding to the league as well. Its just one more category to root for or against. In a way I believe that it can only bring more strategy and fun to the league. If my opponent has the Bears D on monday night then possibly I want to pick up a Bear if I have a d player on a bye to make it interesting or something. I don't know maybe some people see that as a negative, if I have Urlacher and am playing against the Bears D team. However, it's definitely something to think about and see what my league thinks. Thanks!
BUS36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brahner » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:14 pm

I have used both the past couple of years, and I have to say I favor the IDP much better. To me, it just makes it more exciting to track individual players. Some people see it as adding confusion to the mix, or making the league more difficult, but I totally disagree. Defense is a part of football, and I think those defensive players deserve credit to some extent as do WR's and RB's -- although obviously the values are lopsided, but you know what I mean..

viewtopic.php?f=238&t=328680&hilit=
brahner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner