Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison.

Postby poopscoop » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:17 am

There are a lot of good tools out there to help us win in fantasy football. With so many options out there it is easy to get confused. To eliminate some of the confusion I would like to compile a comparison of all the major tools out there. To compare apples to apples this comparison will focus on draft tools only.

This first post I will edit and keep up to date as information is posted. First thing is to get a list of all the draft tools out there that can be compared, I have started this task. Then we need to generate the list attributes and functionalities of all mentioned tools. I have compiled an initial list of features that I could remember form using the tools to get us started.

I have the master list in an excel spreadsheet. I will post a link to that once I get enough information to make it worthwhile.

I have 4 replies, I will be updating this soon...

Draft Tools:

Functionalities:

See the second page of this topic to see where this started.
Last edited by poopscoop on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:28 am, edited 16 times in total.
poopscoop
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison.

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:05 pm

mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby suckerpuncher » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:11 pm

http://www.footballdiehards.com/draftto ... rafter.cfm

Diehards Draft Tool.

It's still last years version with their latest '07 projections. New version comes out in July.
suckerpuncher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Also keep in mind that DraftLab is $19.95 if you have a Huddle Membership. Also their 2007 release comes in July.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm

suckerpuncher wrote:http://www.footballdiehards.com/draftto ... rafter.cfm

Diehards Draft Tool.

It's still last years version with their latest '07 projections. New version comes out in July.

Diehard's also has a FREE web-based cheatsheet complier.

http://cs.footballdiehards.com/?fuseaction=Mainpage&user=88147

Also is that DDT free for use?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby suckerpuncher » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:46 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
suckerpuncher wrote:http://www.footballdiehards.com/draftto ... rafter.cfm

Diehards Draft Tool.

Diehard's also has a FREE web-based cheatsheet complier.

http://cs.footballdiehards.com/?fuseaction=Mainpage&user=88147

Also is that DDT free for use?

Yes, it's free.
suckerpuncher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MikeBillsFan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi all. I created the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy which is available through FF Today.com.

I received an email from poopscoop yesterday about this comparison and I responded to him last night. There is a lot of info on the FF Today website including a features list, screenshots and a couple new screencasts so you can see the Compiler and Buddy in action. You can find these on the Compiler page linked in the initial post.

If anyone has any additional questions about specifics of the Compiler and Buddy just fire away and I'll do my best to respond. Cheers.
MikeBillsFan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:04 pm

MikeBillsFan wrote:Hi all. I created the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy which is available through FF Today.com.

I received an email from poopscoop yesterday about this comparison and I responded to him last night. There is a lot of info on the FF Today website including a features list, screenshots and a couple new screencasts so you can see the Compiler and Buddy in action. You can find these on the Compiler page linked in the initial post.

If anyone has any additional questions about specifics of the Compiler and Buddy just fire away and I'll do my best to respond. Cheers.

Here is my question, how successful is your tool? Testimonials? Success stories? Do you personally use it? If so, how did your team turn out? Also do you go strictly with the rankings or do you use your personal judgement?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MikeBillsFan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:50 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Here is my question, how successful is your tool? Testimonials? Success stories? Do you personally use it? If so, how did your team turn out? Also do you go strictly with the rankings or do you use your personal judgement?

Hi mystykoekaki. Good direct questions out of the gate. Could be a tough crowd here ;)

I'd say very successful. I definitely use it myself. I would never have created it 8 years ago and kept it up otherwise. Now, I don't do the projections myself as I leave that to Mike Krueger who founded FF Today. I pretty much go by his projections with some subjective re-ranking of players of my own. To that end I've done very well in all sorts of leagues. So as not to bore you I'll try to keep it (somewhat) brief:

2006: Made playoffs in all 8 head-to-head leagues, including 1st or 2nd top scoring team in 5 of them. Won Dirty Dozen Expert's league. 3rd top scoring team in SOFA IDP. No LT to help but he did beat me in a couple playoff games :(

2005: 1st in points in 5 of 9 HTH leagues. 1st or 2nd in record in 7 of them. Full report card

2004: 1st in points in 4 of 7 HTH leagues, won 3 championships. Full report card

I do have tons of testimonials from people. Usually they pour in in June or July for the prior year when people re-up, so our testimonials page hasn't been updated for '06 stories yet. This just scratches the surface:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/testimonials.htm

Here is something I want people to understand about the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy... it has projections which help create the rankings, and formulas and methodology to develop an overall ranking cheatsheet and also estimate auction values, etc. Many people have used it and just run right down the overall rankings and they've been successful.

However, the Compiler and Buddy does not definitively say, "draft Player X here" or "draft Player Y now". That was never my intention to program that because I want people to use their own personal judgement, plus I don't think any tool can fully comprehend all possible factors in a draft to give a single player recommendation under all possible circumstances. For example, no program is going to know who you're drafting against, and their tendencies, which should be accounted for if you know them.

The Compiler and Buddy I consider thinking person tools, as opposed to hand-holding tools. But they are extremely helpful preparing for and managing your draft, not to mention huge time savers.
MikeBillsFan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 pm

MikeBillsFan wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:Here is my question, how successful is your tool? Testimonials? Success stories? Do you personally use it? If so, how did your team turn out? Also do you go strictly with the rankings or do you use your personal judgement?

Hi mystykoekaki. Good direct questions out of the gate. Could be a tough crowd here ;)

I'd say very successful. I definitely use it myself. I would never have created it 8 years ago and kept it up otherwise. Now, I don't do the projections myself as I leave that to Mike Krueger who founded FF Today. I pretty much go by his projections with some subjective re-ranking of players of my own. To that end I've done very well in all sorts of leagues. So as not to bore you I'll try to keep it (somewhat) brief:

2006: Made playoffs in all 8 head-to-head leagues, including 1st or 2nd top scoring team in 5 of them. Won Dirty Dozen Expert's league. 3rd top scoring team in SOFA IDP. No LT to help but he did beat me in a couple playoff games :(

2005: 1st in points in 5 of 9 HTH leagues. 1st or 2nd in record in 7 of them. Full report card

2004: 1st in points in 4 of 7 HTH leagues, won 3 championships. Full report card

I do have tons of testimonials from people. Usually they pour in in June or July for the prior year when people re-up, so our testimonials page hasn't been updated for '06 stories yet. This just scratches the surface:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/testimonials.htm

Here is something I want people to understand about the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy... it has projections which help create the rankings, and formulas and methodology to develop an overall ranking cheatsheet and also estimate auction values, etc. Many people have used it and just run right down the overall rankings and they've been successful.

However, the Compiler and Buddy does not definitively say, "draft Player X here" or "draft Player Y now". That was never my intention to program that because I want people to use their own personal judgement, plus I don't think any tool can fully comprehend all possible factors in a draft to give a single player recommendation under all possible circumstances. For example, no program is going to know who you're drafting against, and their tendencies, which should be accounted for if you know them.

The Compiler and Buddy I consider thinking person tools, as opposed to hand-holding tools. But they are extremely helpful preparing for and managing your draft, not to mention huge time savers.

Thanks for answering those questions. Next question....what draft strategy did you personally use? (I can clarify if needed).
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk