Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Football Draft Tools Comparison.

Postby aman74 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:55 am

Main post doesn't have footballdocs listed and should also show that footballguys has a free, just not an updateable version.

I see guys really like the draft tools, but I don't quite see why. Do you just use them to get an idea of when guys are being taken? I've found my own leagues to vary so greatly from these lists that I just rely on my own experience.

My need is more for good cheatsheets that you can enter your own scoring into. I've done a few free ones so far and printed them up. They vary so wildly that once again, you have to do your homework.

I like to look at this stuff to get a general idea, but in over a decade of fantasy football, I'm not sure exactly how these tools are being used to such a great extent.

We have been doing auction drafts lately. Any free sites with auction values? I don't see the value of a draft tool for an auction...cheatsheets, yes.

Forgot to ask, are there any free online tools that allow you to move the players around to where you want them on the list?

Thanks,

Anthony
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby warehouse1990 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Anthony - Drafting tools should be able to use what you talk about. ADP (Average Draft Position), which basically shows you where players are being taken. At GotFantasyFootball.com, we get our ADP numbers from MockDraftCentral.com. For example, I can say that we have Thomas Jones projected higher then a lot of other running backs. However, with ADP, I know that he isn't being selected until the 3rd round. So let's say that have pick 1.3, 2.10, 3.3, I know that I can wait until 3.3 to get T. Jones.

On the flip side, because we do have him ranked higher, we may "suggest" him before 2.10.

As far as CheatCheat, we also have a VBD cheat sheet, where you input #Starters at Scoring.

Regarding your last request and the ability to move players away. Currently, we do not have this. I can say that TheCoordiator did have the ability to "upload" your own rankings. This is the most requested enhancement that we have for GotFantasyFootball.com. We won't be adding this feature for this year, but are strongly looking into it for 2008.

In short Draft Tools, are a very good guide as it manages ADP, your needs, your opponents needs, dVBD, etc. However, if you have a highly unpredictable league, then no system or tool can prepare you for this. I will still recommend a tool, for you own sanity and not to get caught up in the hype and emotion of a draft.
Founder of GotFantasyFootball.com - Home of the 1st Online Drafting Tool!
warehouse1990
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby supercharged » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 am

aman74 wrote:Main post doesn't have footballdocs listed and should also show that footballguys has a free, just not an updateable version.

Good points. What about CBS Draft Analyzer too?
supercharged
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ff_elite » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 am

How is Rotoworlds Draft Guide? I bought FFToday's package and it was a waste IMO. The rankings they give are the same as their free ranking on the site and I don't like their tiers because they separate them by differences of 20 when I prefer 16. I'm thinking of buying Rotoworld's Draft Guide or FootballDocs next year, leaning towards Rotoworld since I'd only use FootballDocs for articles. Any suggestions?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sig.
QB: J Kitna, M Hasselbeck
RB: J Addai, E James, J Jones, M Barber, M Lynch
WR: S Smith, R Wayne, Chad Johnson, B Berrian, M Clayton,
TE: V Davis
K: R Gould
Def: Jacksonville
ff_elite
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:14 pm

ff_elite wrote:How is Rotoworlds Draft Guide? I bought FFToday's package and it was a waste IMO. The rankings they give are the same as their free ranking on the site and I don't like their tiers because they separate them by differences of 20 when I prefer 16. I'm thinking of buying Rotoworld's Draft Guide or FootballDocs next year, leaning towards Rotoworld since I'd only use FootballDocs for articles. Any suggestions?

Your missing out IMO by just checking out articles. I used FootballDocs for my drafts this season and they were pretty money rankings. I guess I will have to wait and see how the season pans out, but I think I have some of the stronger teams in my leagues (which is very impressive considering I wasn't lucky enough to get the #1 or #2 picks in ANY of my leagues this season).
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm

I used football docs last year for my league which starts 1 qb, 3 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 Flex wr/te, 1 K and 1 Dst with PPR scoring. 12-2 in my competative money league.

The draft advisor was very helpful at sorting their projections to meet my league's scoring.

Highly recommended. ;-D
Last edited by BALCOBOMBER on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Stelly » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Any experience here with Rotoworld's Draft Guide? I'm considering buying it since time is running out, I have a 5 month old at home, and my draft is in 2 weeks!

Thanks!
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)