Buccaneers: Stovall pushing Clayton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Buccaneers: Stovall pushing Clayton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buccaneers: Stovall pushing Clayton

Postby mrblitz » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:51 pm

06/21 Buccaneers: Stovall pushing Clayton
Source: Fanball
Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden reiterated on Wednesday that Maurice Stovall is competing with Michael Clayton for a starting job. "Maurice Stovall is not here to sign autographs on the sideline," Gruden told the St. Petersburg Times. "He's here to play. He's going to get a great look during the offseason." Gruden added that David Boston is also in the race.

Our View
We're not taking the Boston talk too seriously, but we believe there is a chance that Stovall could swipe the starting job from Clayton. After catching 80 passes for 1,193 yards and seven touchdowns as a rookie, Clayton has been held to just 65 grabs and one touchdown over the last two seasons. We'll keep fantasy owners updated on this training camp battle throughout the summer.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Buccaneers: Stovall pushing Clayton

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:02 pm

I posted something about this on my blog a couple days ago after watching the mini camps. Stovall looks impressive and i believe he will have the starting WR job opposite Joey Galloway come the start of the season. He is tall and physical and will make something happen after the catch.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers