Carson Palmer/Brady or Marc Bulger/Mcnabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer/Brady or Marc Bulger/Mcnabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Carson Palmer/Brady or Marc Bulger/Mcnabb

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 am

i wouldn't be that worried about the injury, mcnabb already participated in minicamps, and should be good for the preseason-should he want to play. Its not the same thing cpep had.

I mean at this point, mcnabb is clearly an injury risk. That being said, he was number one before he went down last year. So if you are going to get to pay bulger prices to get someone who can produce as the fantasy mvp , you have to consider it.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:08 am

You're probably thinking of Bulger's 137 yard 0 TD performance in week 15 versus Oakland. But the truth is that Oakland was ranked what?... no. 1 against the pass last season? Bulger had a solid run leading up to week 15 except for weeks 10 and 11 his performances were adaquate to solid across the board, with some truly stellar games in there.

If you made it to week 16 last year you were rewarded with his 388 yard 4 TD performance versus Washington that sealed the deal for many owners, including myself.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:38 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'll take McNabb and Bulger sometime around the 5th or 6th round at the earliest. If they're not there, I'm happy to take Kitna/Romo sometime around the 8th or 9th.

I agree....in a 12 team league or so...I don't touch either of Bulger or McNabb before the 5th or 6th round....and even then I'll likely wait and grab someone like Kitna a few rounds later. The value just isn't there in taking a QB in the first 4 rounds.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:19 pm

Bulger/McNabb

My QB Rankings:

1) Manning
2) McNabb
3) Palmer
4) Bulger
--
--
--
--
32) Brady :-b
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Munboy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:26 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i wouldn't be that worried about the injury, mcnabb already participated in minicamps, and should be good for the preseason-should he want to play. Its not the same thing cpep had.

I mean at this point, mcnabb is clearly an injury risk. That being said, he was number one before he went down last year. So if you are going to get to pay bulger prices to get someone who can produce as the fantasy mvp , you have to consider it.

I'm just afraid that him being "ahead of schedule" is a result of rushing him too much. Maybe him rushing himself after the Eagles took a QB as their number 1 pick. I just have a C-Pep feeling about him. If he falls to me in an acceptable round, I'll take my chances on him, other wise, I'll let somebody else have him and look elsewhere for my QB.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby shaba » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:39 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Bulger/McNabb

My QB Rankings:

1) Manning
2) McNabb
3) Palmer
4) Bulger
--
--
--
--
32) Brady :-b

Ummm are we 4getting Brees..He threw for more yards then P Manning if my memory serves correct and only 5 less TD passes..

Manning
Brees
Mcnabb (3rd only because injury prone or would have him #2)
Palmer
Brady
Bulger

Just my 2 cents
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:07 am

good points, but the eagles have always maintained something different than what ESPN would have you believe. And Culpepper's injury was far worse. McNabb was more close to Palmer than Cpepp.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chidoy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:52 am

Gnu314 wrote:You're probably thinking of Bulger's 137 yard 0 TD performance in week 15 versus Oakland. But the truth is that Oakland was ranked what?... no. 1 against the pass last season? Bulger had a solid run leading up to week 15 except for weeks 10 and 11 his performances were adaquate to solid across the board, with some truly stellar games in there.

If you made it to week 16 last year you were rewarded with his 388 yard 4 TD performance versus Washington that sealed the deal for many owners, including myself.

You got that right. I also had SJax which helped with 150yds rushing 1td and 6 rec. 102 yds and TD receiving.... WHOOO combo points!

I still see McNabb having a good year this year. People come back from injuries all the time. Look at Palmer last year.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:02 pm

1. Unless the guy is going to throw for 40+TDs (which you just can't predict), I'm not spending anything higher than a 4th rounder (and the right guy has to be there) on a QB unless the point system is highly skewed towards them or you start multiple QBs. I'm a much bigger fan of waiting until later rounds (6th and beyond) to grab a value guy that produces. This year see Kitna, Rivers, Romo, Vick.

2. It's very hard to predict playoff or schedule difficulty. Unless your guy is up against Chi or Balt in the playoffs, just pick the best guy. Oakland's D was horrible in 2005 and last year they were pretty good.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Timbathia » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:58 pm

Yeah, I would much rather take two QBs starting fairly late (7th/8th), i.e. Vick/Delhomme/Kitna/Romo/Leinart, etc. and just play the best matchup each week. Maybe if a Bulger/McNabb/Brees fell a round or two later than expected I might jump on it, but I have never been convinced of the value in taking a QB before I had 3 RBs and at least 2 WRs.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk