Pittman signs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New Orleans Saints

Pittman signs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pittman signs

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 pm

06/22 Saints: Pittman signs
Source: Fanball
The Saints signed rookie Antonio Pittman to a three-year contract on Thursday, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The Saints selected Pittman in the fourth round of the draft.

Our View
Pittman will most likely spend his season watching Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush from the sideline. In other words, he should not be among the rookies targeted by fantasy owners.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pittman signs

Postby onnestabe » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:53 pm

mrblitz wrote:Pittman will most likely spend his season watching Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush from the sideline. In other words, he should not be among the rookies targeted by fantasy owners.

Not much value for this season, but Deuce's age and cap value coupled with Reggie's increasing workload is going to force them to release Deuce after this season or next. At that point, Pittman is the best bet to take over the inside-running duties. He is a little undersized to do it, but the reports I have read say his moves and vision are better suited for inside running than outside. I just wonder if he will be able to wear down defenses over the course of a game the way Deuce does.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New Orleans Saints