Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Moderator: Football Moderators

IN a PPR who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Poll ended at Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Westbrook
83%
Parker
18%

Total votes : 40

Re: Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Postby Munboy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:13 pm

eh...-push-

I think it will be close, but Parker will end up with enough rushing points to cancel out what Westy gets receiving.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bravesfan42 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 pm

Westbrook, without hesitation.
bravesfan42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Boise State Broncos » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:33 pm

ignore the fact that I am a steelers fan, WILLIE PARKER gets the nod. Westbrook is too big of a RISK in my eyes. To me, asking this question is like asking who would you rather have, Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew? hmmmmmm.... I will take the young talented Jones-Drew over fragile fred please. I will take the younger guy who gets goal line carries and fewer catches over the old man who gets lots of catches and gets taken out on the goal line. Lets not forget that Brian Westbrook is running with one of his knees rubbing bone to bone. OUCH.
Finally got one for the thumb...... now for the other hand...............
Boise State Broncos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bravesfan42 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Boise State Broncos wrote:ignore the fact that I am a steelers fan, WILLIE PARKER gets the nod. Westbrook is too big of a RISK in my eyes. To me, asking this question is like asking who would you rather have, Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew? hmmmmmm.... I will take the young talented Jones-Drew over fragile fred please. I will take the younger guy who gets goal line carries and fewer catches over the old man who gets lots of catches and gets taken out on the goal line. Lets not forget that Brian Westbrook is running with one of his knees rubbing bone to bone. OUCH.

Westbrook is not an old man, however. He's 28 and has never carried the ball 300 times in a single nfl season.
bravesfan42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Boise State Broncos wrote:ignore the fact that I am a steelers fan, WILLIE PARKER gets the nod. Westbrook is too big of a RISK in my eyes. To me, asking this question is like asking who would you rather have, Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew? hmmmmmm.... I will take the young talented Jones-Drew over fragile fred please. I will take the younger guy who gets goal line carries and fewer catches over the old man who gets lots of catches and gets taken out on the goal line. Lets not forget that Brian Westbrook is running with one of his knees rubbing bone to bone. OUCH.

i suppose you want us also to ignore the fact that you are confusing Westbrook with Buckhalter? And comparing a rb in his prime, who has never had an inury as serious as the major ones Fred Taylor suffered is laughable. You want to make the argument based on risk, that's fine. No one here would argue that Westbrook isn't a risky player, but get your facts straight and don't start attributing injuries ailments and age concerns of other players onto him when they simply are untrue.

As for the question, despite Westbrook's injury risk, everyone save LT and S-Jax comes with significant risk. FWP has a totally revamped coaching staff that may not be as favorable, Gore has yet to rove he wasn't just a one-year phenom and lost proven top fantasy RB maker Norv Turner, LJ is severely overused and on a crumbling dinosaur of an offense, guys like Addai, MJD, and Maroney are unprovens, the list goes on. What westbrook does have, is more upside than any of these guys in a PPR. No PPR, I'd put him and FWP in about a dead heat, but the boost he gets from the scoring, and his potential far outweighs his risk.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby shaba » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 pm

This shouldnt even be a ? WESTY all day.
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby codered7 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:57 am

how is westy a risk? he played the whole year last year(missed one game early) and got monster numbers. He will repeat once again...especially with mcnabb back.
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:02 am

westbrook is a risk, but I think its an overstated one sometimes, as in 2004 he didn't miss the games to injury (he missed the Pitt game, and from what I understand would have played had it been an NFC opponent), he missed them because the Eagles were so far ahead. Was hurt in 2005, but again, there was no real point to coming back, as the mcmahon version of the team was awful.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Munboy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:22 am

For those of you who say Westbrook, no question about it, don't even think twice about it. I'd suggest you do think twice about it.

I don't know what scoring is being considered here, so I'll go with Yahoo standard scoring (10yrds = 1, TD = 6) with .5 ppr.

Parker
1494 13 Rushing
31 222 3 Receiving
282 points total

Westbrook
1217 7 Rushing
77 699 4 Receiving
294 points total

That looks like its in the "same ball park." You also have to consider that last year was Parker's first as "the guy." Any pittsburgh fan will be able to tell you how much he grew from the previous year (hesistant, stutter stepped, no power) to last year (hit holes with power and speed.) Consider also that he played behind an Oline that had an off year with a QB who was making poor dicisions and a coaching staff that had lost it's drive. There was absolutely no imagination in the offense. The new coaching staff, from what I read, is going to be opening up the playbook, which can only help Parker.

I'm not telling you to go with Parker, but I am saying that the question totally is a valid one, and something to consider when draft day comes around. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:47 am

i think its close. But to be fair, last year was westbrook's first as the unabashed "guy" as well--considering his health and offensive philosophy. I don't think this is one of those things that benefits from overthinking, as they are too close in value to know for sure. I will say that Westbrook's skill set is such that he won't be pulled from games depending on score the way parker would be.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk