Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Moderator: Football Moderators

IN a PPR who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Poll ended at Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Westbrook
83%
Parker
18%

Total votes : 40

Re: Poll :In a ppr who do you take..Westbrook or Parker

Postby Boise State Broncos » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 pm

thank you munboy. I think it is very close, and I think anyone who is saying "westy no question" is being a little foolish. you should question everything in ffb! if it wasn't even close then why was the message "Westbrook or Parker" even posted?

and maddog60, I wish I could produce the article about one of wetbrooks knees starting to look like Curtis Martins, but I can't find it. ANYONE remember reading an article about Westy's knee rubbing bone to bone? anyways, I dissagree completely with your comment about Westbrook having far more upside than guys like Maroney and Addai. I would take Addai over Westbrook in a heart beat, and if you would take westy over Addai you need to put the crack pipe down. Addai had 40 catches last year and he wasn't even the starter! if he gets the other 40 catches that Rhodes got last year then you are looking at a top three fantasy RB, and I like Addai and FWPs chances to finish the whole year more than I like Westy's.
Finally got one for the thumb...... now for the other hand...............
Boise State Broncos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:31 pm

For me at least age certainly isn't the problem with Westy (he's only 28, and FWP is only 14 months younger), it's his durability (or lack thereof) that concerns me. That said, in a one point PPR league I'd take him, in a .5 PPR I think it's pretty much a toss-up, and in a non-PPR league I'd probably go with Parker.

As to Addai, I like him the best out of the "second year" backs not named Reggie Bush, but he has questions of his own (He's had his own knee problems in the past, and it remains to be seen how he'll hold up under a 300 Touch Workload), and I have both Westbrook and Parker ranked ahead of him without ever having touched a crack pipe in my life.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby solwoldjr » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:23 pm

I'll take Parker. Less injury history.
solwoldjr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Boise State Broncos wrote:thank you munboy. I think it is very close, and I think anyone who is saying "westy no question" is being a little foolish. you should question everything in ffb! if it wasn't even close then why was the message "Westbrook or Parker" even posted?

and maddog60, I wish I could produce the article about one of wetbrooks knees starting to look like Curtis Martins, but I can't find it. ANYONE remember reading an article about Westy's knee rubbing bone to bone? anyways, I dissagree completely with your comment about Westbrook having far more upside than guys like Maroney and Addai. I would take Addai over Westbrook in a heart beat, and if you would take westy over Addai you need to put the crack pipe down. Addai had 40 catches last year and he wasn't even the starter! if he gets the other 40 catches that Rhodes got last year then you are looking at a top three fantasy RB, and I like Addai and FWPs chances to finish the whole year more than I like Westy's.

The argument that it must be close because someone asked the question is terrible at best? If I were to ask if breathing air was better than breathing cyanide, it does not in any way indicate the question is worth the debating. Do bare in mind, I think this question is worth debate, but the PPR aspect pushes it in favor of Westbrook. I just hate seeing poor arguments getting mixed with legitimate ones.

As for the knee, I'm telling you, you're confusing Westbrook with Buckhalter. Buckhalter has had 2-3 ACL tears and literally has no cartilidge left in his knee. Westbrook has yet to miss a game due to knee injuries (look it up on SI.com). His major injuries have been to his triceps and foot. But instead admitting a simple mistake, you go right ahead and insist on something you have no evidence to back up, no one else seems able to recall, and go on like a mature person to accuse me of smoking crack. It's sad that you need to immediately turn to baseless insults in hopes people will say "Hey, he made a funny insult! He must be right!" expecting people to just accept your claim as fact without you having to make a logical and mature case for why you believe you're right. :-t

Oh, and just to elaborate without throwing out any senseless ill-informed personal attacks (which is more of a courtesy than you're willing to give fellow posters clearly), taking Addai before a RB who has been putting up a top 12 RB points per game average for 3 years, especially in a scoring format that favors said RB, would be foolish. My reasons: Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Benson, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, McGahee, the list goes on. Simple history indicates that RBs sharing duties as a rookie are prone to get overvalued in their 2nd year, and end up disappointing their draft position. You want to gamble on getting that unusually incredibly successful sophomore RB when there's proven top talent out there, be my guest.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Brian Westbrook
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Boise State Broncos » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Maddog60 don't get your panties in a bunch. Look, it isn't a matter of who is wrong and who is right, if one of us were clearly right then we would be getting paid fat stacks of cash to write for ESPN instead of some free fantasy football cafe. It is a post and we both threw in our opinion! AND STOP whining because I accused you of smoking crack (which I still think you are) because you sound like a 6 year old girl with a scrapped knee. I am NOT confusing westbrook with buckhalter, I didn't say it was an ACL or MCL I said it was bone to bone which has nothing to do with and ACL or MCL it has to do with your miniscus. When Westy goes down with knee problems this year I guess I can say I told you so.

"taking Addai before a RB who has been putting up a top 12 RB points per game average for 3 years, especially in a scoring format that favors said RB, would be foolish. My reasons: Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Benson, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, McGahee, the list goes on."

OK smart guy, lets take a look at some of these guys you just mentioned. Ronnie Brown..... plays for the phins, Caddy........ plays for the bucs..... Benson... the bears, in the shadow of a better RB. Julius Jones..... sucks and he plays for the Cowgirls (they have a GREAT LINE!) McGahee, Plays for the Bills.... see where I am going with this? Joseph Addai plays for THE DEFENDING superbowl champions and has the best QB in football handing him the ball, not to mention a pretty awesome offensive line! If you really think Westy is going to outscore Addai this year, then please, let me get your info so I can send you an invite to my league I am sure I can find room for ya!
Finally got one for the thumb...... now for the other hand...............
Boise State Broncos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Boise State Broncos wrote:Maddog60 don't get your panties in a bunch. Look, it isn't a matter of who is wrong and who is right, if one of us were clearly right then we would be getting paid fat stacks of cash to write for ESPN instead of some free fantasy football cafe. It is a post and we both threw in our opinion! AND STOP whining because I accused you of smoking crack (which I still think you are) because you sound like a 6 year old girl with a scrapped knee. I am NOT confusing westbrook with buckhalter, I didn't say it was an ACL or MCL I said it was bone to bone which has nothing to do with and ACL or MCL it has to do with your miniscus. When Westy goes down with knee problems this year I guess I can say I told you so.

"taking Addai before a RB who has been putting up a top 12 RB points per game average for 3 years, especially in a scoring format that favors said RB, would be foolish. My reasons: Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Benson, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, McGahee, the list goes on."

OK smart guy, lets take a look at some of these guys you just mentioned. Ronnie Brown..... plays for the phins, Caddy........ plays for the bucs..... Benson... the bears, in the shadow of a better RB. Julius Jones..... sucks and he plays for the Cowgirls (they have a GREAT LINE!) McGahee, Plays for the Bills.... see where I am going with this? Joseph Addai plays for THE DEFENDING superbowl champions and has the best QB in football handing him the ball, not to mention a pretty awesome offensive line! If you really think Westy is going to outscore Addai this year, then please, let me get your info so I can send you an invite to my league I am sure I can find room for ya!

Dude, you're the one that needs to cool it. Your last response was really unnecessary, and this one wasn't much better. You should be backing up your statements with proof instead of insults. :-t

As for my opinion, I think it really depends on how much of a gambler you are. I think that if Westy is healthy the entire season, he will put up better numbers than FWP in a PPR league. He will always have that injury risk surrounding him, and Parker doesn't have that yet. Westy will be better than FWP if he stays healthy, which he has proven he can do; and he will not beat out FWP if he misses enough games, which he has also proven he can do.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Munboy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Boise State Broncos wrote:Maddog60 don't get your panties in a bunch. Look, it isn't a matter of who is wrong and who is right, if one of us were clearly right then we would be getting paid fat stacks of cash to write for ESPN instead of some free fantasy football cafe. It is a post and we both threw in our opinion! AND STOP whining because I accused you of smoking crack (which I still think you are) because you sound like a 6 year old girl with a scrapped knee. I am NOT confusing westbrook with buckhalter, I didn't say it was an ACL or MCL I said it was bone to bone which has nothing to do with and ACL or MCL it has to do with your miniscus. When Westy goes down with knee problems this year I guess I can say I told you so.

McGahee plays for the Ravens now, one of the better Olines in the league. ;-D
And Jones is gone to the Jets, so Benson isn't in anybody shadow now. B-)

And honestly, I tried googling some and couldn't find anything about Westbrook OR Buckhalter's knee being bone on bone. I did find out that both have had bone bruises on the knee in recent history. Unless either one of you can produce cold hard fact that one of them have bone on bone knee, you're both wrong! :-D

EDIT: To lazy to edit grammer errors, so consider this me grammer edit! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:43 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Dude, you're the one that needs to cool it. Your last response was really unnecessary, and this one wasn't much better. You should be backing up your statements with proof instead of insults. :-t

Yeah bro you've been here less than a month, hurling insults to a respected Cafe veteran ain't exactly the best way to make friends. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:49 pm

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Yeah bro you've been here less than a month, hurling insults to a respected Cafe veteran ain't exactly the best way to make friends. :-?

Yeah, what buttface said. ;-D :-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk