Chad Pennington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Pennington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chad Pennington

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:23 pm

I am looking for any and all opinions realated to Chad Pennington being a huge sleeper this year. What does anyone think ?
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chad Pennington

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:28 pm

I think he very well could be a sleeper this year. His production was hurt last year by inconsistent RB play causing the offense to become somewhat one-dimensional at times. This year they can have a more balanced approach (from a production standpoint) with Thomas Jones in the backfield relieving some of that pressure. Pennington has good chemistry with Coles and showed good chemistry with Jerricho Cotchery last year as well and that could prove to be a very solid WR duo this year. They have a young, improving offensive line and they could be a team to watch out for this year again.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:50 pm

I really like Pennington this year. It seems like hes flying under everyone's radar in early drafts this year too. Mangini's system has obviously been great for him and with the line and the skill position players the jets have that offense could be very good this year. I also read an article where Penny talked about being able to make every throw this offseason because he was not recovering from shoulder surgery. He said he was able to hold nothing back. Sounds good to me.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:51 pm

i think he has the chance to be a sleeper. He was on fire the first quarter of the season last year and then cooled off a lot. I think he'll be around in the last rounds and maybe even available to pick up off FA list after the draft.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:11 pm

I certainly like him as a Sleeper this year. He has all the tools, and is healthy. His young O'line has a full season behind him, and most importantly he'll have Thomas Jones toting the rock.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ZeroSum » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Thank you.
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:02 pm

To be honest, I think he is going to have a stellar year (not comparing him to the elites around the league, but to his own years past). Now that the Jets have an efficient RB, I think he will surprise many.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Dawinner127 wrote: Now that the Jets have an efficient RB, I think he will surprise many.

;-D

Yep...
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:54 pm

As a life long Die hard Jets fan....I wouldn't touch Chad with a 37ft pole. WHich is also longer than he can throw with his rag arm.

Raggedy Andy...aka Noodlearm ....aka Chad Penne ala Rotator Cuff can't be counted on to win a FF championship.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:12 pm

Smizzy wrote:As a life long Die hard Jets fan....I wouldn't touch Chad with a 37ft pole. WHich is also longer than he can throw with his rag arm.

Raggedy Andy...aka Noodlearm ....aka Chad Penne ala Rotator Cuff can't be counted on to win a FF championship.

Yea....that comeback player of the year is a slouch....doesn't matter that he's finally had an off season where he can work on things and get stronger and better without having to recover from an injury. That wont make him any better at all. He'll probably just get worse next year from last year....that's the natural progression.... :-?

It makes pretty much zero sense to think he wont be anything but better next year than he was this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk