Chad Pennington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Pennington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chad Pennington

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:46 am

Smizzy wrote:As a life long Die hard Jets fan....I wouldn't touch Chad with a 37ft pole. WHich is also longer than he can throw with his rag arm.

Raggedy Andy...aka Noodlearm ....aka Chad Penne ala Rotator Cuff can't be counted on to win a FF championship.

Yes, he can't zip it in there ala Favre or Marino. He never could even before the surgeries. But Penny is one of the most accurate passers in the league, as well as one of the best play action QB's in the league. Add T. Jones and now the Jets should have a much more consistent running game which will make the play action even that much more effective. Plus he's got 2 very good WR's in Coles & Cotchery. I definitely think that Penny will improve on last years' numbers. Will he be a lock #1 QB fantasy starter? Probably not. But he'll probably be one of the best backups you can have and his ADP makes him a sleeper for sure. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chad Pennington

Postby ZeroSum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks again for your opinions. I am in a $100 auction league and primarily look for a balanced team verses throwing a bunch of money at one superstar. Our rosters are 2 QB, 4 RB, 5 WR/TE, 2 D, 2K, and 2 ST. Each week we can start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1D, 1K & 1 ST. I grabbed Pennington near the end of last year for $4 as a QB2 and am actually considering holding on to him as my one allowed keeper and using him as my #1 QB. That will give me more cash for RB's. Its typical in my league for guys to pay mid $30's for P. Manning and this year I know Brees and Brady will probably hit the $20 range. That is too much for a QB I think. Superstar RB's get close to $40. Anyways...thanks for your input.
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk