How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers?

Postby Third Day » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:42 pm

McPeePants wrote:Sometimes I think that they just want you to mess up and hit accept by accident. I did that in one yahoo league and the commish refused to veto the trade. Now I just let it sit until the time period runs out.

Pretend you're a dead team and maybe they'll go away. ;-D
Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it.....Oswald Chambers
Third Day
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:46 pm

If someone makes an obviously bad offer once, then I'll just reject the trade. If they do it again, then I'll tell them that they're going to need to give me a lot more. I don't know what would happen if it got to a third time. Maybe I'd send them an equally crappy offer back or something.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fantasy Man 27 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:33 pm

This guy has sent me variations of the Addai offer at least seven times now. It really gets annoying, as he always emails me saying "OMG what do you want for him then?"
Fantasy Man 27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:38 pm

The best thing to do IMO is to counter the offer and at least act like you want to make a deal work. Hey, maybe you find something you like after a while or they get tired of it and quit offering it.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:24 pm

knapplc wrote:Best advice in the thread - decline the trade, and get out of those leagues.

Not necessarily in that order. :-b

We have a winner. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:34 am

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:This guy has sent me variations of the Addai offer at least seven times now. It really gets annoying, as he always emails me saying "OMG what do you want for him then?"

Basically you should just tell him that either 1) Addai isn't for sale, or 2)tell him exactly what it would take for him to get Addai. If you tell him 1) he should stop sending offers, if you tell him 2) and he declines, just tell him "take it or leave it". If he won't stop, then just keep declining.

BTW, your commish has no clue what he's doing. While that trade he vetoed might look lopsided, that isn't a reason to veto a trade. Trades should only be vetoed if 2 owners are suspected of collusion (cheating by 2 owners stacking one team with ridiculous trades). In all my years of fantasy football I don't think I've ever had to veto a trade. And believe me, there has been more than a few that had me scratching my head. But unless I think the owners are cheating, I can't veto. Different people value different players differently. Just because I think a trade is lopsided doesn't mean that the owners involved in the trade think that way. Like the others said, you might want to think about getting out of the league or electing a new commish. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:59 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Fantasy Man 27 wrote:This guy has sent me variations of the Addai offer at least seven times now. It really gets annoying, as he always emails me saying "OMG what do you want for him then?"

Basically you should just tell him that either 1) Addai isn't for sale, or 2)tell him exactly what it would take for him to get Addai. If you tell him 1) he should stop sending offers, if you tell him 2) and he declines, just tell him "take it or leave it". If he won't stop, then just keep declining.

BTW, your commish has no clue what he's doing. While that trade he vetoed might look lopsided, that isn't a reason to veto a trade. Trades should only be vetoed if 2 owners are suspected of collusion (cheating by 2 owners stacking one team with ridiculous trades). In all my years of fantasy football I don't think I've ever had to veto a trade. And believe me, there has been more than a few that had me scratching my head. But unless I think the owners are cheating, I can't veto. Different people value different players differently. Just because I think a trade is lopsided doesn't mean that the owners involved in the trade think that way. Like the others said, you might want to think about getting out of the league or electing a new commish. Good luck! ;-D

Dat's right. You pay your money and play your team. I got out of a league that I really liked simply because of all the fighting over other people's trades (always initiated by the same league vet). So I completely agree with flot as far as vetoing trades.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:09 pm

I agree with the collusion thing. I don't think I should have to be subject to the league's player valuations. Although, there are some trades that could be classified as "unintentional" collusion... meaning that even if people thought it was good, its so ridiculous as to have the same effect.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chk57 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:40 pm

Pretty much ditto. At first I will just decline trades...no comments.

If they continue...then I won't even look at the trade. Just let it sit there so they are limited until THEY cancel the trade.
chk57
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby spodog » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:09 am

counter-offer, and get something interesting out of it, like a date with their cheerleader sister.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk