How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How Do You Guys Deal With Horrible Offers?

Postby PHI » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:16 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:BTW, your commish has no clue what he's doing. While that trade he vetoed might look lopsided, that isn't a reason to veto a trade. Trades should only be vetoed if 2 owners are suspected of collusion (cheating by 2 owners stacking one team with ridiculous trades). In all my years of fantasy football I don't think I've ever had to veto a trade. And believe me, there has been more than a few that had me scratching my head. But unless I think the owners are cheating, I can't veto. Different people value different players differently. Just because I think a trade is lopsided doesn't mean that the owners involved in the trade think that way. Like the others said, you might want to think about getting out of the league or electing a new commish. Good luck! ;-D

This is GOLD!!!

I wish more commissioners thought this way. I saw a trade a few years ago that everyone in the league thought was lopsided in favor of one owner. In a way, we were all right, it was very lopsided, but in the other direction. Everyone has opinions about player values, and sometimes we may even get close.
If both owners involved in the trade like the deal, there's no reason anybody else should tell them differently unless there's proof they are colluding.

Back on topic:
I usually start off by declining the offers. After a while, I'll either start making counter-offers I feel are more equal (maybe a little in my favor), or I'll truthfully and bluntly explain why I won't make the deal. The offers will usually still come, but in fewer numbers, and occasionally you'll get some good offers from those owners.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:11 pm

spodog wrote:counter-offer, and get something interesting out of it, like a date with their cheerleader sister.

Or maybe even a threesome with some other chick in the office. ;-7 :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
spodog wrote:counter-offer, and get something interesting out of it, like a date with their cheerleader sister.

Or maybe even a threesome with some other chick in the office. ;-7 :-D

Excellent Idea!
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk