What size league do you prefer? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What size league do you prefer?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What size league do you prefer?

No votes
No votes
45%
37%
18%

Total votes : 51

Re: What size league do you prefer?

Postby Magnum » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 pm

10 TEAM LEAGUES

I prefer 10 team leagues. With them, you have a good core of starters and you can usually find a decent player when you have to pick someone up off waivers.
Magnum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bravesfan42 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I'll play in a 14 or 12.
bravesfan42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 pm

I like 16 teamers. It seperates the men from the boys.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:34 pm

RudyBlue wrote:I do only 10 team leagues with the following roster:

2QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, W/R, W/T, K, D, 6-8 BENCH with QB TD's worth 6pts and 1 ppr.

Makes teams very, very competitive and drafting a very important part of winning it all. The guy who gets LT doesn't always have the best team if he doesn't go on to make wise choices in QB since he'll need 3 or isn't careful about bye weeks. A few of the leagues I've drafted in with this roster have been filled with idiots, but for the most part, people who join a league with this type of roster are pretty savvy and draft quite well. It's going to be a great year of ff for me.

Blue

While that sounds like at least an interesting setup, how in the world can you limit yourself to leagues with only 10 teams, PPR, and HUGE value on QB's? That just sounds a bit odd that you refuse other types and setups. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shock Wave » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:24 am

10 seems just perfect for me.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby oscarx21 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:43 am

Personally I love 16 teams leagues with IDPs, its the best combination you can have.
oscarx21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby double barrel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:31 pm

With 10 team leagues, alot of players per team (like 20) eliminates having startable players on the WW. I have only played in 10 teamers, but would like to try 12.
double barrel
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RudyBlue » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:40 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
RudyBlue wrote:I do only 10 team leagues with the following roster:

2QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, W/R, W/T, K, D, 6-8 BENCH with QB TD's worth 6pts and 1 ppr.

Makes teams very, very competitive and drafting a very important part of winning it all. The guy who gets LT doesn't always have the best team if he doesn't go on to make wise choices in QB since he'll need 3 or isn't careful about bye weeks. A few of the leagues I've drafted in with this roster have been filled with idiots, but for the most part, people who join a league with this type of roster are pretty savvy and draft quite well. It's going to be a great year of ff for me.

Blue

While that sounds like at least an interesting setup, how in the world can you limit yourself to leagues with only 10 teams, PPR, and HUGE value on QB's? That just sounds a bit odd that you refuse other types and setups. :-?

Actually, I shouldn't have put it that way. What I meant is that the majority of the teams I manage on yahoo have the above rosters, but I am in at least one yahoo 8-team league, about 3-4 yahoo 12-team leagues and a 12-team keeper league here at the cafe.

Last year I played in a 20-team league and several 14 and 12-team leagues and a couple of 10-team leagues with the standard yahoo settings and felt that draft position above all else determined how a season would go. Of course the person with LT won it all in most of those league. The exception to that was 2 8-team leagues that I created with the above rosters and the owner of LT did NOT win 1st in either league because, I believe, of the need for wise decision-making regarding who played each week. I decided this year to make it a 10-team league to make the drafting a bit more interesting, cut down on the waiver wire size and to make the decision-making even more important because of the added competition of 2 more teams.

I've had about 10 drafts with this format on yahoo already, and all of these leagues, with the possible exception of the league where someone drafted C. Palmer in the 1st round, look like they're going to be very, very competitive.

So I haven't stuck with this format exclusively, but I have extensively, and most likely will continue to in the future simply because I like it. :)

Blue
RudyBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:37 am

Well, Blue, that makes a ton more sense then. I was thinking of how boring it would be to do that in all of the leagues you were in. 8-o :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiveUp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm with RudyBlue on this. I like 10 team leagues with a slightly larger roster. I pefer to sub 3 IDPs instead of 2 QBs and a small bench of 7 slots or less. I like this type of system for the same reason rudyblue mentioned. The draft doesn't end at LT, or the other big names. You still have to draft good wr1, wr2, wr3 and even servicable wr4,5&6. A smaller bench prevents people from hording potential talent especially at RB and someones bye week garbage may be the gem your looking for. Having said that, I've played in 12 teams systems before and it works about as well... though most 12 teamers I've been in had far to many bench spots so there was never a WW pick up to be had.
GiveUp Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk