Practice suspended in Oakland - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Practice suspended in Oakland

Moderator: Football Moderators

Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby APAP » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:51 pm

Not sure if this should be here or General Talk, but:

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to Raider players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

:-b
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3800
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby moonhead » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:58 pm

these never get old. ;-7
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:41 am

There was a 10 year old boy in Oakland who recently had to choose whether he wanted to stay with his Mom or his Dad. The boy told the judge that he wanted to stay with the Oakland Raiders because they never beat anyone. :-b
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby confused_jake » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:34 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:There was a 10 year old boy in Oakland who recently had to choose whether he wanted to stay with his Mom or his Dad. The boy told the judge that he wanted to stay with the Oakland Raiders because they never beat anyone. :-b


LOL! I had heard the one APAP posted but not that one.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:51 am

confused_jake wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:There was a 10 year old boy in Oakland who recently had to choose whether he wanted to stay with his Mom or his Dad. The boy told the judge that he wanted to stay with the Oakland Raiders because they never beat anyone. :-b


LOL! I had heard the one APAP posted but not that one.

Ah, the joys of youth! Everything is so fresh and new. Not so for us old codgers. We've heard all these before - most of them decades before.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go clean my dentures...
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:12 pm

APAP wrote:Not sure if this should be here or General Talk, but:

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to Raider players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

:-b


You need to update the joke. Art Shell got fired.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Practice suspended in Oakland

Postby Munboy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:24 pm

maddog60 wrote:
APAP wrote:Not sure if this should be here or General Talk, but:

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to Raider players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

:-b


You need to update the joke. Art Shell got fired.


Yea, he's only a year behind every one else. That happened last year.....shhh, nobody tell him that the Colts won the superbowl! ;-D
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:48 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact