Do you Guys agree about Ronnie Brown........................ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you Guys agree about Ronnie Brown........................

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you Guys agree about Ronnie Brown........................

Postby shaba » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:41 am

Do you guys agree or disagree Brown will have a better year seaon because of this??

Click link & Scroll down to the botton of article where it says KEEP AN EYE ON:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.10062/Football

Thanks for looking..
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do you Guys agree about Ronnie Brown........................

Postby PapaPark » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:51 am

From the article

there's realistic hope for at least 1,200 rushing yards and double-digit scores from Brown in his third season.

I can see this happening. I'd pick him up in the second round for my second RB if he were there.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Humpback » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm not sure what "realistic hope" means exactly, but I'd probably project him to finish with around 1400 total yards, and maybe 8-10 total TDs. He obviously has upside from there, but I don't see what they did in the offseason to improve that much. A new coach can't hurt, but it usually takes some time to get into the grove.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby chidoy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:18 pm

realistically, I can definitely see that happening. He's got a couple years under his belt and I with the cameron there and what he did with LT.... well you know the rest. Plus their D is good enough to get the O the ball a lot.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, first of all I think people are a little bit too quick to give credit to Cam Cameron for how well he may have "used LT" in San Diego. You have an offense that centers around two players who are the absolute best at their position in the NFL and you better not mess that up. Really, how hard is that to do especially considering that the Chargers have a very good offensive line and possibly the best FB in the NFL blocking as well. I still remember Cam Cameron at Indiana University....they were absolutely awful when he was there and didn't get any better and they finally fired him.

Brown could have a good year this year, it's possible and he very well could have had a good year regardless of whether Cameron was hired as the coach. The concern there is still whether or not he can stay healthy for a season as the starter because dating back to college he had never been the full time starter until last year where he got hurt part of the way through the season. I just don't think the Miami offense is going to be good enough for Brown to rack up double digit TDs this year....I could see him finishing with 6-8 TDs, but I'm not sold on that offense quite yet.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 pm

Well with Ricky out of the way, I could see this happening. Trent Green + LJ = Trent Green + Ronnie Brown??
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Well with Ricky out of the way, I could see this happening. Trent Green + LJ = Trent Green + Ronnie Brown??

I'm sorry Wicked....but that makes no sense whatsoever....

The situation in KC when Green and LJ were playing is MUCH better than the situation in Miami with Ronnie Brown....the O-Line in particular is nothing like KC's. Also, I think LJ is just a better running back than Brown. The situations are completely different (Green is also coming off a very severe concussion) and there's no way you can make an analysis like this.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:54 pm

While I don't feel like those numbers are out of the question, I really don't think that he will post them, this year. A new QB, and an aging one at that. I also believe that Green will throw more than most other Dolphins QB's have in the recent past. I think the one guy who will benefit, will be Chambers. I do think Ronnie can get the 1200 yards, I only see 7 tds though.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm not ready to give Cameron too much credit as an offensive guru. Not even Matt Millen/Steve Mariucci could've stopped LT from becoming the best RB in the NFL. With a lot less to work with, he's certainly got something to prove. However, Saban seemed to be calling college ball most of last season, and simply not committing to the run when his top WR couldn't stop dropping, and his most talented weapon was Ronnie Brown. I think just shifting focus to Ronnie more will allow him to be more of a fantasy value, and I can't see him not making strides over last year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:54 pm

mattb47 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Well with Ricky out of the way, I could see this happening. Trent Green + LJ = Trent Green + Ronnie Brown??

I'm sorry Wicked....but that makes no sense whatsoever....

The situation in KC when Green and LJ were playing is MUCH better than the situation in Miami with Ronnie Brown....the O-Line in particular is nothing like KC's. Also, I think LJ is just a better running back than Brown. The situations are completely different (Green is also coming off a very severe concussion) and there's no way you can make an analysis like this.

lol I know :-b I thought about that as I wrote the first sentence, but if it does happen I'll be sure to search this and say haha I beat the great all-knowing mattb47 %-6 But then again I'll just trounce you in the false start league so that nixes the whole thing.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Football Talk