Weird League Idea - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weird League Idea

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Weird League Idea

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
knapplc wrote:It's an interesting idea but it should NOT be done in the interest of parity. In my opinion parity has NO PLACE in fantasy football. My goal is to build a team to demolish my opponents, not to stay competitive with them.

If you want parity you're not playing the game as it's meant to be played. And if you're one of those owners who is crying out for parity then you're obviously in need of an influx of knowledge and talent.

That's why knapp joins yahoo public leagues. ;-7

Seriously, knapp is right. Why would I want someones else's keepers? Let me build/draft my own team. If my team kicks everyone's butt, I can only pat myself on the back. With this league you will be thinking, glad I team six.

You guys are missing the point, it's like playing pool sometimes playing straight up solids/stripes gets old sometimes I like to play nine ball sometimes I like to add a third buddy and cutthroat, it's all pool. This is just a different way of playing the same old game. :-?

knapp wrote:...parity has NO PLACE in fantasy football

Really? So you only play Dynasty or Keeper leagues? BORING! Thats my opinion. ;-)

I like parity in some of my leagues. What fun is it to be in 3 or 4 or more leagues have them all be exactly the same? I guess I'm in need of an "influx of knowledge and talent" maybe I'm having too much fun and need to dull it down a bit. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Metroid wrote:I like parity in some of my leagues. What fun is it to be in 3 or 4 or more leagues have them all be exactly the same? I guess I'm in need of an "influx of knowledge and talent" maybe I'm having too much fun and need to dull it down a bit. :-b

When you have a competitive league, having everyone close in the standings is good. That creates excitment. I just don't see the fun in, "OK you got team three's keepers, now good luck." I like to succeed on my own, or even "suck" on my own. I don't want to ride someone else's coattails. Boy I'm glad you drafted so and so last year. Doesn't sound fun to me at all.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm

knapplc wrote:It's an interesting idea but it should NOT be done in the interest of parity. In my opinion parity has NO PLACE in fantasy football. My goal is to build a team to demolish my opponents, not to stay competitive with them.

If you want parity you're not playing the game as it's meant to be played. And if you're one of those owners who is crying out for parity then you're obviously in need of an influx of knowledge and talent.

What an awesome post this is. I want this guy in one of my leagues! ;-D

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:48 pm

Pete123444 wrote:

What an awesome post this is. I want this guy in one of my leagues! ;-D

No you don't, he's in one of mine. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:49 pm

It's an interesting idea, but it seems that, like spodog said, it is totally random, so why not just do a simple redraft?

It seems to me that the main thing this does is help out people who don't know what they are doing. The odds of you getting the team that you molded in the prior year are fairly slim, so if you are a fantasy retard, you won't get punished for it like you would in a dynasty or keeper. If you are really good and manage to get LT and SA on one team, you won't reap the benefits because you most likely won't get that team back next year. I don't really understand why an experienced FFer would want to do this - except if they weren't challenged enough by their other leagues.

I didn't feel challenged by the leagues I was playing a couple years ago, so I joined a few dynasties here at the Cafe. Now I wish I had time to beat up on some yahoo public leagues :-b :-D ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk