What should I do about this unfair trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

What should I do about this unfair trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What should I do about this unfair trade?

Postby firesword » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 am

This trade is really unfair in my opinion

Buffalo Bills gets

* Chad Johnson from Deceptive Edge
* 2007 1st round pick from Deceptive Edge
* 2007 2nd round pick from Deceptive Edge
* 2007 4th round pick from Deceptive Edge

Deceptive Edge gets

* Terry Glenn from Buffalo Bills
* Brett Favre from Buffalo Bills
* 2007 3rd round pick from Buffalo Bills
* 2007 5th round pick from Buffalo Bills

Dropped Players

* Michael Clayton from Deceptive Edge

This is a keeper league where we keep 4 players. So Bills gets a keeper and a 1st and 2nd round pick while Edge gets basically nothing (unless he keeps those players which are unlikely). Granted it was proposed by Edge but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. I decided to remove Chad from Buffalo's Roster and Glenn and Favre from Edge's. But Bills is complaining because all he did was accept a trade that helped him. What should I do?

(bills already has #1 overall (where he will get Chad). I am also considering moving his and edges picks to last in the draft because he still acquired a 1st and 2nd round pick that I cant remove)
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What should I do about this unfair trade?

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 pm

What are your rules involving trades? This would help us make a decision.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby firesword » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:35 pm

dream_017 wrote:What are your rules involving trades? This would help us make a decision.

There is a vetoing period or 2 days but since this is the offseason no one was active during that time.

One manager is against it
Posted by GridironThunder I Will Brea... 21 Hrs Tue, 06/26/07 @ 6:44 PM
Seems odd to me, Edge took over a team last year and did not even bother benching players in some of their bye weeks. He added a TE to fill in for an injury, then didn't bother starting that TE leaving that spot on his starting roster empty for several weeks. Now he offers a lopsided trade and has not even logged in once since making the offer.

Dubious.

Another is for it
Posted by eaglesfan13 The Chunky ... 1 Day Tue, 06/26/07 @ 2:16 PM
this is just my opinion but if edge proposed the trade then it must of seemed fair 2 him. so i think u should give edge and bills back the players they received in this trade anyway just my opinion
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Touchdown Taz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 am

As a commissioner, I would vote against it. Why trade for players that are non-keepers and, on top of that, get worst draft picks? :-t

Maybe you can ask both managers to express their view to you by email.
Touchdown Taz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:50 am

"Edge" has no interest in fielding a winning team, and this "trade" definitely stinks of collusion. That trade has absolutely NO BENEFIT for edge, while giving the Bills an awesome deal....you, as commissioner need to kick "Edge" out of the league (as he didn't appear interested in the league last year either...which should have been a clue) and tell the Bills what you thought of the trade and that it wasn't accepted.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:33 am

ironcityboy88 wrote:"Edge" has no interest in fielding a winning team, and this "trade" definitely stinks of collusion. That trade has absolutely NO BENEFIT for edge, while giving the Bills an awesome deal....you, as commissioner need to kick "Edge" out of the league (as he didn't appear interested in the league last year either...which should have been a clue) and tell the Bills what you thought of the trade and that it wasn't accepted.

In all the leagues I've commished, I've never had to veto a trade. But that's because I usually play with people that know what they're doing and don't try to cheat (collusion). With that said, this trade reeks of collusion. It's kinda hard to say just because we don't know both rosters & keepers, but the trade was proposed by Edge and it doesn't help him at all. He gets zero (or worse) keepers and worse draft picks. Bills gets one of the top keeper WR's in the league and better draft picks. Like I said, it's a little hard to tell without seeing both rosters, but this proposed trade reeks of collusion...ESPECIALLY since it looks like Edge is an inactive owner. Based on the info given, I'd probably have to veto this trade. I'd also tell Edge that unless he becomes more active and starts taking things seriously, he's going to be replaced. Hope this helps. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby firesword » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I couldn't veto the trade but I did return the players back to their original owners. However I cant take away Bills draft picks. Should I make him lower in the draft order (he is currently #1) because he got better picks for worse picks.
firesword
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner