Different league thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Different league thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Different league thoughts

Postby tommysix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:42 pm

I have always been in standard scoring and roster leagues, but wanted to add a little more excitement this year in doing a league a little different. Its going to be a 10 league team, and I think I want to do something like the following:

1 pt for 10 yds passing
1 pt for 5 yds rushing
1 pt for 5 yds receiving
10 pts for each td

No pts for completions, rushing attempts, or receptions, just for yards and tds
and of course negative pts for interceptions, fumbles, the rest pretty standard.

The reason why I have the yards per point so low is to make every play exciting while watching all of the games on sundays. I also like high scoring games, but I don't like to count rushing attempts and that kind of stuff. The roster is also set up like this:

QB
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
DEF

I'm not really set on the 2 QB's yet, because I have never done it, but again I just think that would make it more exciting to be following 2 QB's instead of the standard 1. None of the other players really care if we go with 2 QB's or 1. Any criticism would be great about the scoring or about the roster. Thanks
tommysix
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Different league thoughts

Postby snookfish » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:09 pm

Too many points. I started to do half points and that adds up real quickly. And thats based on 1=30 passing 1=15 rushing 1=10 recieving. And having played in 2 qb league before, I personally hated it. You should try a flex position instead of 3 WR or the flex could be added instead of the 2 QBs.
snookfish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:11 am

The only difference I see is a score will be 215-212 instead of 107-105. If all you're doing is doubling the scoring it doesn't change anything except the final points will be higher. As for 2 QBs, a lot of leagues are moving in that direction. Personally, I'm not a fan of it, but it can work some leagues
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby tommysix » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:29 pm

I agree that it just doubles the score, the difference is that every 5 yards counts while you are watching the game instead of every 10 yards like standard leagues. I guess it really isn't that big of a deal, I'll probably just stick to standard scoring. I'm still undecided about the 2 QB thing. I just don't really see why people wouldn't like it? The only reason I can think of is there aren't enough decent fantasy QBs to supply a 10 or 12 person league.
tommysix
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:38 pm

tommysix wrote:I agree that it just doubles the score, the difference is that every 5 yards counts while you are watching the game instead of every 10 yards like standard leagues. I guess it really isn't that big of a deal, I'll probably just stick to standard scoring. I'm still undecided about the 2 QB thing. I just don't really see why people wouldn't like it? The only reason I can think of is there aren't enough decent fantasy QBs to supply a 10 or 12 person league.

The best thing to do is to go to fractional scoring ;-D

Each rush/rec yard is .1

This still keeps you are 1 point per 10 yards but you get a score for every yard. This way someone who rushes for 90 and 109 isn't a 1 point difference
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Return to Commissioner's Corner