Max Trades & Max Moves ##?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Max Trades & Max Moves ##??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Max Trades & Max Moves ##??

Postby brahner » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm the commish of a 10 team H2H league, and some people are requesting a Max Moves & Trades #. Can anyone recommend a # that may have worked well in the past?

Other info that may be helpful to consider:

ROSTER SET-UP

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
W/R
TE
K
DEF
BN (7)

I'm only looking for a good # to post as my maximum for moves especially, but trades also. Thanks!!!
brahner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Max Trades & Max Moves ##??

Postby TRIZ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:35 pm

The league I have been running for several years has always had 25 max moves and unlimited trades. We use 25 which is a little more than 1 trade per week.
TRIZ
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:07 am

I don't see any good reason to limit the number of moves made by teams during the season
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby fimk3777 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:53 pm

I like having a max, 25-35 seems reasonable. Otherwise there is some nut who will make 10 moves a week pushing players on to waiver wire. No one complains about 25-35.
fimk3777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 pm

I don't like to limit it unless it is labor-intensive for the Commish (like back in the paper and pencil days). If you've got a site that handles all that stuff, just charge more per move if you want to stop all the meaningless transactions. People think twice about dropping Brooks Bollinger for Brad Hoover if it costs them a couple bucks.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:48 am

dream_017 wrote:I don't see any good reason to limit the number of moves made by teams during the season

^

Great post! ;-D

I agree. I've never played in a league that limits the # of moves an owner can make. I don't see the point. If someone wants to make 100 WW moves, go for it. If someone wants to make 100 trades, more power to them. What if you're in the playoffs, have no more WW moves left, and a player gets hurt in practice during the week? Why shouldn't they be able to pick up the players' backup? Sorry, but limiting the # of trades/moves makes no sense to me.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby The Lung » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:47 pm

Ah, the so-called Piranha rule, as I've heard the Max Moves rule labeled. I'm with others in that I question the need for such a rule, but in my experience, 35-40 max moves works best. That's just slightly more than two per week - just restrictive enough to make you weigh each move a little more carefully.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:12 pm

I would understand it if it were a baseball league or hockey or basketball where it's daily and that you can cycle through players to rack up stats over the season. But the fact that football is a 1-day a week limited starting positions where you really can't sit and cycle positions like pitchers in baseball makes me believe that in football, there's not much of a point to limit the moves. Just my thoughts on it, I'd like to see the reasoning other than they don't like people making that many moves or trades(in one league that drafted 2 weeks ago, one guys already made 9 trades 8-o )
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby SLAMLLC » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 am

I don't see the point to limiting the number of moves but we do have a rule that WW pickups can only be done every other week. Makes your bench a little more important. You have to carry a guy in case of injury and you have to carry a second defense for matchups and the like. It cuts down on moves the Commish has to keep track of and trades can be done at any time unlimited amount.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Like others, I really don't see the point in limiting the number of moves. So what if someone wants to make a lot of moves. It's one thing if someone picks someone up and drops them just so they're on waivers and not a FA, but making a lot of moves is fine. Who does it hurt?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Commissioner's Corner